The Future

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by flino2004 View Post
    going from Vray to Corona is one click away, their converter is very good!!!
    Well, if you want to convert your competitor's customers, you have to make the transition as seamless as possible It's a basic rule...

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

That's the first thing I thought I was also wondering if you copyright your code? I mean, I know it is encrypted, but it's almost a carbon copy of V-Ray.

Originally posted by vlado View Post
      Well, if you want to convert your competitor's customers, you have to make the transition as seamless as possible It's a basic rule...

Best regards,
      Vlado
      Bobby Parker
      www.bobby-parker.com
      e-mail: info@bobby-parker.com
      phone: 2188206812

My current hardware setup:
      • Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
      • 128gb Vengeance RGB Pro RAM
      • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090
      • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

one thing ive noticed about Corona, is they seem to be pretty set on staying CPU only for now..

i can understand this since they appear to be quite a small outfit, and developing a gpu renderer seems to involve rather a lot of hardcore work... however, as has been pointed out on their forums. cpu progress is pretty stangnant at the moment, and gpus are developing crazily fast.

if and when a real gpu rendering monster gpu comes out (pascal maybe?) they might well get caught with their pants down, so to speak.

Comment

Originally posted by vlado View Post
          Well, if you want to convert your competitor's customers, you have to make the transition as seamless as possible It's a basic rule... Best regards, Vlado
          For that reason I pointed it out. it's a basic rule but they executed very well.
          What I like is that they simplified some things, two of them is using existing max cameras with a modifier and sun light with azimuth.
          show me the money!!

Comment

The number one factor that makes vray the best rendering engine, is nothing to do with the software but rather this forum, the support team and the main man himself, Vlado.

The biggest threat to vray is also a threat to 3dsmax, and that is real time engines like Unreal 4, which could possibly be 'good enough' or maybe Unreal 5 will be 'good enough' soon.

Although you defer the rendering to real time you need a high end video card but eventually a 'good enough' video card to render 'good enough' real time graphics will be in every one of our clients office computers, it is just a matter of time.
            Last edited by werticus; 25-06-2015, 04:13 AM.
            WerT
            www.dvstudios.com.au

Comment

Originally posted by werticus View Post
              The number one factor that makes vray the best rendering engine, is nothing to do with the software
              I'm pretty sure the software has something to do with it.

Comment

"The biggest threat to vray is also a threat to 3dsmax, and that is real time engines like Unreal 4, which could possibly be 'good enough' or maybe Unreal 5 will be 'good enough' soon."

i dont buy that at all. firstly, you still need a modelling package (3dsmax or otherwise) and secondly, you need to do an insane amount of prep work to make a scene suitable for a game engine. if they get to the stage where you dont need to do all the mind numbing unwrapping etc. they will have to use methods similar to what an offline renderer such as vray uses.. and when hardware is powerful enough to do that, i assume we will just as likely see games using vray rt as the engine

Comment

If you are looking for a fast and easy (and free) CPU renderer for Max, you can also check out this: https://artrenderlab.autodesk.com/

Best regards,
                  Vlado
                  Last edited by vlado; 25-06-2015, 11:55 AM.
                  I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

A bit look forward to seeing the image quality when VXGI is implemented in Unreal. We need a real-time full-GI raytracer in Unreal or Unity. With V-ray taking over major 3D package, will we see Vray RT in a game engine...
                    always curious...

Comment

Working...
                    X