Boxx

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boxx

So, if I were to purchase this (http://config.boxxtech.com/products/...nstanceID=1411) would my one V-Ray 3 dongles allow me to use it as a slave? You do get one slave, correct? My intent would be to send something using V-Ray and Back Burner, while being able to work on my main workstation (V-Ray and 3DS MAX).
    Bobby Parker
    www.bobby-parker.com
    e-mail: info@bobby-parker.com
    phone: 2188206812

My current hardware setup:
    • Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
    • 128gb Vengeance RGB Pro RAM
    • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090
    • ​Windows 11 Pro

However, it does seem pricey. It's not much faster than what I have and what I have cost me $1,200. The black is mine and the white is the BOXX machine.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	6.1 KB
ID:	855846 VS Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture2.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	11.1 KB
ID:	855847
    Bobby Parker
    www.bobby-parker.com

• Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
    • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

While the processor is somewhat better and it also has ECC RAM; it doesn't really justify the big price difference. But I know for a fact that BOXX is kinda expensive. Don't know about the licensing though but I think you need an extra license.
      A.

---------------------
      www.digitaltwins.be

Comment

I always thought BOXX computers are usually rented when a company wants to make a nice company promo video
        The price is just not right...especially when its so easy to put together great computer by yourself.
        The only tricky part is putting the heatsink on thats all
        Martin
        http://www.pixelbox.cz

Comment

Originally posted by PIXELBOX_SRO View Post
          I always thought BOXX computers are usually rented when a company wants to make a nice company promo video
          The price is just not right...especially when its so easy to put together great computer by yourself.
          The only tricky part is putting the heatsink on thats all
          Wrong thread :/ sorry, can't delete posts apparently.
          A.

---------------------
          www.digitaltwins.be

Comment

I have a BOXX and I love it, but for me, I don't think I would buy one of their Xeon computers. (Just my personal opinion)

I purchased an i7 and went with them because the overclock them to 4.5 ghz AND back them up with a warranty. So you get all the benefits of a highly overclocked machine without the risks associated with overclocking. I don't think they overclock their Xeons (I'm not sure if you can), so I guess I don't see the benefit for purchasing a Xeon box from them.

Comment

Good point with the warranty on the overclocking
              Originally posted by jpmartin View Post
              I have a BOXX and I love it, but for me, I don't think I would buy one of their Xeon computers. (Just my personal opinion)

I purchased an i7 and went with them because the overclock them to 4.5 ghz AND back them up with a warranty. So you get all the benefits of a highly overclocked machine without the risks associated with overclocking. I don't think they overclock their Xeons (I'm not sure if you can), so I guess I don't see the benefit for purchasing a Xeon box from them.
              Bobby Parker
              www.bobby-parker.com

• Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
              • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

Also, I was glad to see that their stock box's have more than 8GB of RAM. What always kept me from engaging was that their pricey machines started with only 8GB.
                Bobby Parker
                www.bobby-parker.com

• Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
                • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

I lease one, since 2013, and it's great. It is total 24/7 support (never needed it yet) and high quality. Also, the box itself is tiny compared to my last WS, and the liquidcooling makes it close to silent.
                  It came with an i7 overclocked to 4.5 and that is a task I am happy to have them do, and to guarantee. (oh, just saw jpmartin's reply.)
                  The price is definitely up there, but for me it was a better option to have a low monthly payment, instead of coming up with few thousand or more at once, but one day that may change, lol.

Comment

Working...
                  X