Cinema 4d

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cinema 4d

I'm just curious. I've seen a lot of people using cinema 4d for motion graphics. Is there a reason people prefer it to 3dsmax for instance ? It seems the particles, scripts, bones etc are easier to use than max. Is this actually the case ? Maybe it's the Aftereffects integration that is better than max...confused !
    Regards

Steve

My Portfolio

As far as my experience goes with Cinema 4D - the UI and workflow are a lot easier and faster to pick up compared with these of 3dsmax. The dynamics system inside of Cinema is really great and and it's quite simple to set up. Also the fact that in the latest versions there is the integration with AE, which is like a standard nowadays for Motion Graphics - there is no need to render anything - you just send your 3d directly inside of AE to tweak it.
    Georgi Zhekov
    Phoenix Product Manager
    Chaos

Comment

Have a look for videos/tutorials of C4D's Mograph toolset. I've never used it myself but it's clear that it's very intuitive, fast and (relatively) easy to use. Replicating the same effects in 3ds Max often require complicated particles systems, the box additions and scripting.

From what I've seen of MCG in 2016, it looks like this is going to be a big step forward for Max having similar functionalities, but C4D has had them out of the box for longer. Not to mention a lot of motion graphic artists are Mac based
      MDI Digital
      moonjam

Comment

Thanks for the info.

This guys work is fantastic: http://www.twistedpoly.com/WORK (he uses C4d). Not sure what renderer. I think it might be Octane.

His renders are so clean. I've never been able to get my renders that clean !
        Regards

Steve

My Portfolio

Comment

Originally posted by stevesideas View Post
          Thanks for the info.

This guys work is fantastic: http://www.twistedpoly.com/WORK (he uses C4d). Not sure what renderer. I think it might be Octane.

His renders are so clean. I've never been able to get my renders that clean !
          BTW, cool stuff and nice reel...
          (Sorry for my bad english)

Comment

That's not my reel. Wish it was
            Regards

Steve

My Portfolio

Comment

Originally posted by stevesideas View Post
              That's not my reel. Wish it was
              yes I understood, I was talking about Twistedpoly !
              Anyway, I've seen some of your nice works here.
              Last edited by rikou; 21-04-2015, 07:52 AM. Reason: spelling
              (Sorry for my bad english)

Comment

Working...
              X