Backburner question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Backburner question

Ive been rendering a 4000 frame animation for over 10 days now and all of a sudden last night the farm went down and now the slaves get 3/4 through rendering a frame and error out with:

" 3dsmax adapter error : The pipe has been ended. : 109"

Anyone have any thoughts on this? Ive never seen this error before and its strange after 2700 frames that rendered fine, it craps out...
    Cheers,
    -dave
    ■ ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E - 1950X ■ ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E - 2990WX ■ ASUS PRIME X399 - 2990WX ■ GIGABYTE AORUS X399 - 2990WX ■ ASUS Maximus Extreme XI with i9-9900k ■

UPDATE:
    ok I may have found the issue, I went back into the file and at the point of crashing there were only 2 vray clippers moving and although they were set to ignore each other it seemed to crash of they intersected each other. After I adjusted the animation to have them keep slightly apart it seems to be working again. Not sure if this was the official problem but its working again and hopefully Ill still make my deadline lol.
    Cheers,
    -dave
    ■ ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E - 1950X ■ ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E - 2990WX ■ ASUS PRIME X399 - 2990WX ■ GIGABYTE AORUS X399 - 2990WX ■ ASUS Maximus Extreme XI with i9-9900k ■

Comment

Whenever you get some time, it would be very helpful if you can get us a scene for investigation so that we can fix it.

Best regards,
      Vlado
      I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Sure thing Vlado, Ill see what I can do for next week, I cant do much at the moment with my current deadlines...
        Cheers,
        -dave

Comment

Ha, the dreaded "pipe" error. We find out that reason is that one session of max didn't close and another one is trying to start. If you look in the task manager of the failed machine you'll see what I mean. You have to kill all max instances on all computers (for that we use "taskkill" command as a batch file like : taskkill /s \\PC_Name /IM 3dsmax.exe /F ), reset the tasks in the BB manager, then re-start the rendering task. We have this message EVERY time new BB rendering job starts. I didn't discover yet what's causing it. It might be max, slow network or most likely BB not closing max session properly.I wander if Chaos guys can help with this by making sure max is closed after the last frame?Config: Win7/64 2xIntel Xeon Max 2014/Vray2.4 24gb memgood luckZoran

Comment

I did check the task manager as I know from past experience that max can do that where one instance will crash and another gets opened and before you know it you have half a dozen instances open. Unfortunately this was not the case in my instance...
            Cheers,
            -dave

Comment

Working...
            X