downloading Autodesk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• downloading Autodesk

We are on subscription and tied into suites of software with Autodesk. Our IT guy has been trying unsuccessfully for days to download the software necessary for me to update max (to 2015 max, not 2016). Our office has extremely fast connections so it is apparently Autodesk that is the problem. The download keeps crashing. Any suggestions?
    mh

Not sure if it's the same issue; I haven't been able to download Max 2016 either (the download doesn't start or stops in the middle); this is with the browser download method - there is another method through a download manager that I haven't tried.

I didn't have problems downloading the Maya 2016 builds though.

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

I've never had success with the browser download. So I just went with the download manager and had all 3 suites downloaded within 10 minutes. You many want to give that a try?
      Troy Buckley | Technical Art Director
      Midwest Studios

Comment

IT says it has been failing with the download manager.
        mh

Comment

Hmmm...I did download them the day I got my announcement from my subscription. Maybe the demand has gone up as more people get ready to upgrade? I know that the file sizes aren't getting any smaller! :O
          Midwest Studios

Comment

I had trouble with the browser download as well but the download manager method worked fine.

Comment

I had trouble with the download manager and firefox. changed to chrome and it worked fine.

but no luck getting via the browsers method

Comment

Houston, we have contact. IT let it run overnight once more and it finally did not crash. We supposedly now have complete files.
                mh

Comment

That sounds reassuring! Hahaha
                  Midwest Studios

Comment

If it's anything like the Autodesk forums.. those servers are stored in a cupboard somewhere in the Arctic I think! The websites are so incredibly slow and no links will open unless I force them to open in a new tab. Terrible websites and servers...
                    Alex York
                    Founder of Atelier York - Bespoke Architectural Visualisation
                    www.atelieryork.co.uk

Comment

I could say that about almost every single company I deal with where I need to download large files! Especially right around release time with LOTS of people trying to get access to the data. It's definitely not just an isolated event. I'm not saying that it's acceptable, but more common that I would like it to be.
                      Midwest Studios

Comment

The implementation is awkward and slow on the page, downloads where fast and problemfree for me. The issue i had with the browser download initially was chrome's pop-up blocker.
                        The download is 2 files. And the first one starts downloading away while the second is started via a popup that was blocked rather silently by chrome. Disabling the block worked fine for me.

Cheers,
                        Thorsten

Comment

Working...
                        X