Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some vrlens profiles

Hello,
    Here is some vray lens profiles i have searched far and wide and couldn't find any so i made few and i want to share to anyone who is willing to use them, i didn't know where to create this topic so please move it if necessary.

They are/will be done with 5dmark III and lenses bellow:

Sigma 15mm f2.8 fish-eye lens
    Sigma 35mm f1.4
    Sigma 50mm f1.4
    Sigma 85mm f1.4

Sigma vrlens profiles at link bellow
    https://mega.co.nz/#!JBtXnYYb!7Fr0a2...Airj0hKL0uFHUA

I will do few more later today or in following days...
    Canon 17-40 f4
    Canon 70-200 f2.8
    Canon 300 f2.8
    Canon 300+1.4tube(420mm) f4

I will do some old manual lenses
    Helios 44-2 58mm f2
    Pentacon 29 f2.8
    Revuenon 135 f2.8

Preview of 15mm fisheye and 85mm profiles
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Sigma_15mm_F2.8_Fisheye.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	488.1 KB
ID:	881701Click image for larger version

Name:	Sigma_85mm_F1.4.jpg
Size:	483.0 KB
ID:	881702

This looks great.

Thanks
    3LP Team

Comment

Thanks!
      Some more lens profiles.
      Canon 17-40 f4
      Canon 70-200 f2.8
      Pentacon 29 f2.8
      https://mega.co.nz/#!5dlFlJiS!rO1qQc...mbi1eb6P5l2H8Y
      Unfortunately Helios 58mm have some problem with focus ring... i will not be able to do profile for it right now.

Canon 17_40 profile in attachment 17mm and 40mm

Name:	Canon17_40_@17.jpg
Size:	488.8 KB
ID:	855982Click image for larger version

Name:	Canon17_40_@40.jpg
Size:	491.8 KB
ID:	855983

Comment

Sigma 50mm aperture shape, from the center of the frame, unfortunately there is no option to use shape for side of the frame so play around with camera settings it shouldn't be that hard to achieve cat eye distorted shape.
        This can be used for Sigma 85(less distortion towards borders) and sigma35(about the same as 50)
        from f1.4 to f11
        1024pix x 1024pix images
        https://mega.co.nz/#!UNUg0RKD!zCjblo...b0FG-0NT_S0lJ4
        Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for sharing!
          Always good to have more lens files
          Chris Jackson
          Shiftmedia
          www.shiftmedia.sydney

Comment

Hi,
            can you tell us a quick how-to using your lensfiles and aperture-shape-files...?

thank you, thomas

Comment

I've not used vray lens profiles before. When camera matching, we typically apply the lens profile in Camera Raw and match to the instead. Would using one of these vray camera profiles mean we should instead match to the uncorrected RAW file?
              Kind Regards,
              Richard Birket
              ----------------------------------->
              http://www.blinkimage.com

----------------------------------->

Comment

I've tried the files and loaded into the camera-distortion-slot, but nothing happens....I 've also noticed in the vrlens-files (they are text-files) links for the "calibrationPhotoFile" which not matched...i fix them and make a render now

thomas

Comment

Files should be text files as they contain distortion data, that is why there is chart so you get that data and analyze it in Lens analysis tool. No need to fix anything.
                  If anyone is using DR please make sure to transfer missing files is checked or path is visible by nodes.

Quick setup of scene.
                  Create VrayPhysicalCamera, under distortion roll out in camera settings choose lens profile and load profile you want to use. Make sure everything is matching everything, if lens profile is 50mm sigma then you should set your lens in VPC(camera) to be 50mm focal length.

If you want to use bokeh shape or aperture shape, you will need one of those files i have created.
                  If you want to use shape that is at f-stop 1.4 load corresponding file(sigma 50 1.4) in camera bokeh effect rollout via bitmap loader, make sure to untick affect exposure, also load that bitmap(as instance) in material editor and crop to clear that black border as much as you can while not affecting center circle(bokeh shape) this will give you maximum size bokeh shape for that aperture. You can change parameters in bokeh effects rollout(except blades, as you already loaded it)
                  This is what i got when using sigma 50mm profile and bokeh shape and playing around with settings to get that "cat-eye" effect near the border of the frame... f1.4 Click image for larger version

Name:	Bokeh_sigma.jpg
Size:	258.4 KB
ID:	855997 and f5.6Click image for larger version

Name:	Bokeh_sigma5.6.jpg
Size:	234.0 KB
ID:	855999
                  And here is fish eye lens profile against "Brick wall" it clearly shows amount of distortion. Click image for larger version

Name:	Fish_eye_sigma.jpg
Size:	347.2 KB
ID:	855998

Here is the setup scene https://mega.co.nz/#!JJNXVDxa!djtkwD...eq-Tf2U9IJvcZ4
                  Make sure files in archive are properly loaded in camera and that your max can see paths to them.

Also, if anyone needs those for camera tracking he already knows much about these and no further explanation is needed...
                  If you never used these files and you think there is no distortion... unless you are using 17-40 profile on 17mm or 15mm sigma that is fish eye distortion will be negligible with 50mm sigma 85mm, 70-200, pinch deformation on far side this is mainly tool for camera matching.
                  If you want to use in vray you can later correct image in photoshop by selecting profile for that lens.
                  If you already got image that is corrected and need to match it then you don't need this profile.
                  Also this should give you more correct lens breathing when focusing in and out, so if you need to match follow focus in animation to video it should be more accurate as it has distortion profile.
                  And last but not least this is purely distortion profile, it doesn't account, coma, aberration, vignetting and many more factors as lets say lens correction profile in photoshop/lightroom does to the image when you select it.
                  @tricky yes, you should match video or image that doesn't have any post processing applied to it, raw image that is shot with sigma 50mm lens and 5dmark III should correspond to this sigma profile 50mm, but again this can vary from lens batch and many more factors and it should get you into ballpark of what you need, much better than without any profile i am sure of that.
                  Last edited by Ivan1982; 06-05-2015, 06:03 AM.

Comment

Thank you very much for explanation....
                    Can you save the file in 3dsmax 2012 ? thx

Comment

I can't save as 2012, 2013 is lowest version.
                      https://mega.co.nz/#!UJdWgCYL!-0hu4I...xV75qXuSVEQcBA

Name:	Bokeh_sigma_50mm_Vray.jpg
Size:	383.3 KB
ID:	856000
                      Here it is how it looks with focus distance to smaller value 0.6m preserved highlights in exr, arionFX for fringing, bloom and flare. Almost like real deal.
                      Camera bokeh effect settings
                      Rotation 2.0
                      center bias .3
                      anisotropy .1
                      optical vignetting .6
                      Bitmap aperture sigma 50_f1.4

Comment

THANKS!!
                        2013 is fine.
                        I noticed.....bitmap aperture dosn't work with vertical shift , that why my renders are all black

Thomas

Comment

hi guys, I make my first lens file test here and I´m impresset-wow - make a big diff
                          cool - thanks to all they share them!!!
                          but I´ve some questions:
                          1. When I use as example, Sigma_50mm_F1.4, it´s nessesary and correct to set Focal lenght from maya camera to 50mm too!!!???
                          2. F1.4 makes only sense when I use DOF!?
                          3. There are files with not so clear naming (Canon_70_200_F2.. Does that mean, it works from 70 to 200mm perfect?
                          thanks for informations....
                          Vray 3.5, Win10
                          www.3dcompani.com

Comment

Thanks for these. Out of interest, how did you do the carpet ? Vray fur ?
                            Regards

Steve

My Portfolio

Comment

It would be great to get lens fringing, chromatic aberration in the VFB...

Comment

Working...
                              X