No announcement yet.

Clone drag element a specific distance?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clone drag element a specific distance?

Hi all

How can I clone drag an element a specific distance? There must be a simple way to do this!
    Kind Regards,
    Morne

Haha, yeah I've asked myself that question a lot too. What I do now is just press ctrl + V, right click the move tool and specify a distance in there. But the shift click duplicate move doesn't really work that way. One of the big reasons I keep going back to SketchUp for modelling simple things.
    A.

---------------------
    www.digitaltwins.be

Comment

If you mean on subobject level "element" then there is probably not much you can do. It´s actually funny that you can clone drag an element by an exact angle using the polar snapping mode. for a single object the array tool should do the job ? If you need a specific raster where you want to place different objects on you could take either the default grid or if the origin needs to differ a user grid, define the grid point distance and use grid snap.

Comment

I tend to use the clone modifier that has been developed by itoo years ago. Works great unless you have your pivot screwed up
        http://www.itoosoft.com/downloads/free_plugins.php

Made me smile when I saw ppl saying that max would finally have a clone tool with the new mcg in 2016.

Stan
        3LP Team

Comment

This had to be done a few times
          I ended up moving the element away from the rest a specific distance, then cloning it away from that to a new object. Exit subobject, select new object, snap to previous moved element position, then moving it back the original distance.
          Luckily there were only a few objects, but still, this would go on the "annoying list"

Next time I'll have to check up on that macro recording tip Neil gave a while back
          Last edited by Morne; 13-05-2015, 04:42 PM.
          Kind Regards,
          Morne

Comment

Working...
          X