Railcone 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Railcone 2

I am about to pull the trigger on Railcone, however I have a question for you pros. I tried the trial, which was very limited, but I couldn't get things to work for me. An example; I love the sidewalks, but it seems to only work in straight runs. I know with the trial, or at least I believed, the spline has to be flat, but the corners and curves were nasty. I didn't see many settings to control cleanup. Is there a way to do this. I did't see anything on their forum.
    Bobby Parker
    www.bobby-parker.com
    e-mail: info@bobby-parker.com
    phone: 2188206812

My current hardware setup:
    • Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
    • 128gb Vengeance RGB Pro RAM
    • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090
    • ​Windows 11 Pro

I did find this: http://forum.itoosoft.com/index.php?topic=1636.0

It seems to be an issue, which is bad news for me.
    Bobby Parker
    www.bobby-parker.com

• Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
    • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

Are you wanting a sharp corner on the inside with a radius on the outside?

Comment

yes, that's exactly it, which would be 90% of my work.
        Bobby Parker
        www.bobby-parker.com

• Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
        • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

The easiest way to do that in RC would be to model the corner as a separate element and then wire it to the corner input. You can of course make it more complicated and use the ID of that vertex to decide if it had a ramp or not and stuff like that. You could even make driveway cutouts that happen at corners with a specific ID as well, then just divide the straight sections up and move each vertex into a position where you need a driveway.

The standard presets that are included with RC are very good in a generic way. To really get the most out of it you need to spend some time creating some presets that will help you with your specific workflow.

Comment

Okay, thanks.
            Originally posted by Jason Stewart View Post
            The easiest way to do that in RC would be to model the corner as a separate element and then wire it to the corner input. You can of course make it more complicated and use the ID of that vertex to decide if it had a ramp or not and stuff like that. You could even make driveway cutouts that happen at corners with a specific ID as well, then just divide the straight sections up and move each vertex into a position where you need a driveway.

The standard presets that are included with RC are very good in a generic way. To really get the most out of it you need to spend some time creating some presets that will help you with your specific workflow.
            Bobby Parker
            www.bobby-parker.com

• Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
            • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

Bobby, keep in mind that is a 2 year old post. Railclone has evolved a lot since then, and they are constantly working on improvements.
              I would definitely not hesitate with that trigger finger, lol. The presets are getting updated, fixed, on a regular basis, too. Also you can make your own styles.
              They have recently added some threads for scripts that help creating and preparing your geometry for use in RC pro.
              Also the support given in the forum is incredible. I hope this doesn't sound too "fanboy-ish" but it is really worth every penny.

Comment

Working...
              X