wood sheet textures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wood sheet textures

ive gotta do a huge area of wood sheet panelling (beech) and as im sure you all know, large area wood textures are hard to find.

nothing useful on cgtextures, and google image search is only giving me crap. i could use images of beech plywood, probably the best source, but its for a sports hall so the wood will be a bit more refined than the rough plywood on cgtextures.

what i need is either one absolutely vast sheet of beech ( or similar) that i can randomise the offset on, or a few sheets that i can use with multitexture.

(ive got the beech multitexture for the floor, but the wall panels are about 2m x 4m, so floorboard textures just wont cut it.)

anyone know a source?

How about Arroway?

Comment

How about procedural wood? http://www.klaasnienhuis.nl/2011/09/...mi-berconmaps/
      A.

---------------------
      www.digitaltwins.be

Comment

thanks for the replies. i did use bercon to do some wood sheets before, but i found it extremely hard to get something that looked completely natural over large areas. final image was ok, but it was an awful lot of fiddling first.

i think Arroway may well have just what im looking for though

Comment

ok having looked more carefully, the arroway sheet woods are inexplicably actually just planks with no splitlines, so with obvious bands of different shades. they are not large sheets of continuous wood at all.

this appears to be the case for all of them.

so im still looking.

i might have to dive into bercon unless somebody has a better suggestion. i really dont have time to be manually generating multiple high res wood sheets

Comment

Have you looked in http://www.cgtextures.com/ ? In the wood/plywood/old section there are some plywood sheets that might be useful.
            val valgardson
            http://www.photorealistic-rendering.com/

Comment

yep, first place i looked. as mentioned in the first post, the cgtextures plywoods are all a bit rough. .. this has to be high quality wood.

Comment

Try www.admira.sg

Most of their sheet timbers are available for download from the site - lots of variety and 2.4 x 1.2m sheets at 2000x1000px, so not huge res, but pretty useful.
                -Andrew

Andrew Martin Visualisation

Comment

thats pretty cool 2000x1000 might be ok actually.. not gonna be so closeup. just have to see if i can find a few that can be edited to look like versions of the same wood.

Comment

I downloaded a texture from admira and they are 4800x2400
                    Last edited by flino2004; 28-05-2015, 01:29 PM.
                    show me the money!!

Comment

Yes, I think some of the more recent wood samples are at the higher res by the look of it. I need to download those myself.
                      -Andrew

Andrew Martin Visualisation

Comment

Working...
                      X