Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MAX 2016 - UI keeps reseting

Hi all,
    i ve recently crossed to the MAX 2016 and i have some major issues with MAX UI.
    Not only it keeps reseting my user settgins but it also for some reason is not showing the icons in the default ENHANCED menu.
    I wouldnt mind about the icons but the fact that i have to redo my UI every time I start up or reset MAX - thats horrific.

How do i force max to start with a particular UI?
    Can i somehow ovewrite the MAX Startup UI when its not using the user one for some reason?

Thank you for the pointer!
    Martin
    Martin
    http://www.pixelbox.cz

Open up the template manager and scroll to the bottom and see what Workspace is selected as default. Or just disable the workspace reset all together. (That's what I did!)

As far as the enhance UI menus go, it appears to be a pretty significant bug that they have replicated and have reproduced it in house, so hopefully a fix will be coming soon.

Once you make the above changes, it behaves similarly to previous versions of Max. For a workaround for the enhanced menus, I just reset to default of my custom workspace and all I have to do is move a couple of panels around and I'm good to go. Not ideal, but it works for now.

I hope this helps.
    Attached Files
    Troy Buckley | Technical Art Director
    Midwest Studios

Comment

Oh thanks a lot Troy! That helped
      Martin

Comment

No worries...I know how you feel! Glad it helped!
        Midwest Studios

Comment

What about keyboard shortcuts? Had this issue in max 2015 where the keyboard shortcuts randomly dissapeared on random days, had to keymap them all again or reload the mapping file. This issue is still in 2016... Any ideas? Never had any problems with the UI.

Comment

I've not had the shortcut key problems, ever. Max 2016 is a little different now with the template setups and things like that. While I am still having issues with the enhanced menus, known bug, shortcut keys and quad menus are still behaving as expected...I put a LOT of effort into my Quad menus so I only want to have to do that once!
            Midwest Studios

Comment

only thing thats not working is that my max doesnt remember the position of the scene explorer
              i always have to pull it up somewhere from the bottom as its located just to the left from the timeline
              Martin

Comment

Originally posted by PIXELBOX_SRO View Post
                only thing thats not working is that my max doesnt remember the position of the scene explorer
                i always have to pull it up somewhere from the bottom as its located just to the left from the timeline
                I had a similar problem to that where the scene explorer would get reset under the V-Ray tool bar and it was very annoying, the only work around that Ive found is move the V-Ray toolbar to the top so it runs horizontal and have had no further issues other than getting used to my V-Ray tools being up top rather than on the left.
                Cheers,
                -dave
                ■ ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E - 1950X ■ ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E - 2990WX ■ ASUS PRIME X399 - 2990WX ■ GIGABYTE AORUS X399 - 2990WX ■ ASUS Maximus Extreme XI with i9-9900k ■

Comment

Working...
                X