Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Helloooo Fuuutuuureee

http://cgpress.org/archives/dot3avp-launches-c2c.html

Beside the price tag who is insane compared to build this yourself, I would love to see some kind of opensource/free solution that would manage all that for you.
    Or even a service that would rent the service per month for a decent price where you would pay the hardware yourself on AWS.

Vlado, any hope Vray would introduce something like this ?

Stan
    3LP Team

Yes, expensive! It would be awesome to be able to rent something that made sense, but right now it's not there. $100 a month for a super computer would be a dream.
    Bobby Parker
    www.bobby-parker.com
    e-mail: info@bobby-parker.com
    phone: 2188206812

My current hardware setup:
    • Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
    • 128gb Vengeance RGB Pro RAM
    • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090
    • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

Originally posted by 3LP View Post
      Vlado, any hope Vray would introduce something like this ?
      Even if we do, it won't be on AWS for sure...

Best regards,
      Vlado
      I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Ah ha!
        Any other cloud base system that you'd think off who would suite better Vlado?
        Could we already use it if we build our own?
        Always looking into other and maybe cheaper options. I tried gcloud but doesn't seems way better than AWS, beside paying per min in stead if h.

Some sort of online licence would be great, that you would rent per month like 30$, or something we can buy as a one off like Vray, but I guess the monthly license would be better for everyone, being able to start and stop like corona.

With that, we would pay the computer resources that we use, but at the price of the cloud service, not going through the service.
        3LP Team

Comment

I tried them all. One was $800 a month, for a basic PC.
          Bobby Parker
          www.bobby-parker.com
          e-mail: info@bobby-parker.com
          phone: 2188206812

My current hardware setup:
          • Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
          • 128gb Vengeance RGB Pro RAM
          • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090
          • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

Some might not notice that the video is sped up.

If you look at the render times, that office render took 10 minutes and the dragon 1:20 hours, a considerable part of which was waiting for a last bucket on some remote machine. This is an interesting technology, but no doubt it still needs to mature.

Comment

Originally posted by glorybound View Post
              I tried them all. One was $800 a month, for a basic PC.
              sorry Bobby, I don't think we speak about the same thing.
              What you are referring to is somehow renting a instance for a month, where you would only use 3 times 1h of that per week, am I right?

What I'm referring to, is having a service that sell a month plan to a soft that creates the bridge between your computer, and the cloud farm.

That would be like 30$ only to have to possibility to create that link, and auto setup the instances nodes.

Once you have that, go in that soft and give your login/pass of AWS, tell him you'd like to start like 20 computers, click, and have 20 instances booting with max/vray/vpn/cloud sync software.

But you would pay per hour each of those instances at the "real" price that the Cloud provider sells them (because it's your account credited), so for amazon IE, a dual xeon 2666 V3 with 36 core at 2.6 for about 92Ghtz would be 1.66$/h for each instance, so *20 it would be 33.2$/hour.

Done
              And if 3 hour later you want to spin again for 1h, you just pay again 33.2$/h.

With google instances, it's even round up to the minute (I think) in stead of hours on AWS.

The guys on top here are saying, every time you want to setup, for 20 instances, you pay 400$ and then they charge also the instance at 3 times the price of amazon. Obviosuly it's credited from there AWS account so you can't handle the invoices from AWS.

I don't think this business model will ever grow well and work efficiently.
              We see it with Vray and corona, people just want to pay for what they use and be able to scale and pay only for the hardware.

Selling a billions of cans of coca cola at 1$ is waaaay more attractive and make way more money than selling 10 cans at 500$.

Stan
              3LP Team

Comment

Originally posted by RotemS View Post
                Some might not notice that the video is sped up.
                Yeah, I was really impressed until I noticed the actual render times. Don't get me wrong, 1:20 for a nearly 8000 pixel wide render is still great but the video is certainly misleading.
                MDI Digital
                moonjam

Comment

Working...
                X