Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Script for collapsing spline by layer

As title,
    I am putting together a big old building section, and want to use the lines from autocad. Firstly because they're mostly ok and the dwg is very well organised, secondly because its a big complex building and I dont have time to remodel properly.
    So, does anybody know a way/a script that can collapse splines to one big spline based on layer?

Importing the dwg with "layer" option doesnt work because there are a lot of blocks. Exploding isnt an option because the dwg is huge and heavy, and there are 9 floors worth.
    But importing with "layer, blocks as node.." gives me what I want, except each layer is a whole load of separate splines.

thanks

If I understand well, you want to attach all the splines, which are on 1 layer, into one spline?Why don't you just multiple-attach them into one and then weld all vertices on mass?z

Comment

Originally posted by zoranm View Post
      If I understand well, you want to attach all the splines, which are on 1 layer, into one spline?Why don't you just multiple-attach them into one and then weld all vertices on mass?z
      Thats right.
      Its just quite time consuming, and there are a lot of layers and splines, so Im thinking there has to be a way to script it or a script must exist already??

Comment

Working...
      X