Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Batch Render Suggestions

Hey!

So I've got a project with 50+ cameras, full wide angle views all the way to close ups of specific features. And I've got an animated sun so that I choose certain frames to render certain views for the best lighting angles. It gets tedious manually going through the camera list, picking the timeline frame, sending to backburner, repeat. I'd prefer to automate this to some degree, to render out multi-channel exr's with Vray. Anyone have suggestions for the best plugin or script for this job?

I took a quick glance at RPManager, which seems to be more geared towards passes instead of different views. I also tried BatchCam which hangs for a very long time when trying to edit the settings for 50+ cameras. Any other ideas?

Thanks
    Brendan Coyle | www.brendancoyle.com

batchcam i find works really well for this... though make sure you get a 1.9.xx version instead of version 2.

I'm currently using version 1.9.8.1 which seems works well. I found one of the 1.9 versions was a bit dodgy (i think someone else may have fixed something and broken other things). so it worth trying a different version.

but I've had no problem with scenes with 60+ cameras getting sent of from it.

also make sure you use the naming with %cameraname% this makes it so make easier to setup ouput names for many cameras.

Comment

No luck with BatchCam 1.9.14 or 1.9.15 - trying to select 50 cameras causes the script to hang for a long time. Isn't easy to work with. Can you share the version you have?

I'm on the fence about possibly purchasing RPManager. Hoping someone my detail out their process of getting a batch of cameras setup with the plugin. The 2-pass limit doesn't let me see how well the plugin works with 50+ cameras.

Comment

bump for BatchCam. 1.9.7 is very solid.
        Marcin Piotrowski
        youtube

Comment

Originally posted by piotrus3333 View Post
          bump for BatchCam. 1.9.7 is very solid.
          can you hook me up with a copy of that version to test?

Comment

Originally posted by cheerioboy View Post
            can you hook me up with a copy of that version to test?
            Same for me please ... Sergo's website seems down atm
            Nicolas Caplat
            www.intangibles.fr

Comment

link sent through priv.
              Marcin Piotrowski
              youtube

Comment

Originally posted by piotrus3333 View Post
                link sent through priv.
                Thanks a lot, mate
                Nicolas Caplat
                www.intangibles.fr

Comment

looks like i was a bit late to this, but I have 1.9.8.1 if needed.

Comment

Originally posted by chriserskine View Post
                    looks like i was a bit late to this, but I have 1.9.8.1 if needed.
                    That would be great indeed.
                    Just out of curiosity, how do you get latest versions ? Sergo's website seems down atm for me ...

Thanks.
                    Nicolas Caplat
                    www.intangibles.fr

Comment

I would have gotten it from script spot or his website... i got it a while ago though.

Comment

I just recently got an updated version of BatchCam from Sergo. It works 100x better with a large amount of cameras. There are just a few quirks with getting things setup to render Vray raw images
                        I just tipped Sergo for his help, and think I'll stick with this for a bit. The only thing I can see the RPManager has over this is more granular control over vray settings per camera. But my setups are usually pretty simple with things moved for cameras through keyframes so I only need to render different frames per came

Comment

can someone hook me up with a recent working version to try out? max 2015
                          www.peterguthrie.net
                          www.peterguthrie.net/blog/
                          www.pg-skies.net/

Comment

Originally posted by peterguthrie View Post
                            can someone hook me up with a recent working version to try out? max 2015
                            Peter,

Check your PMs

Cheers.
                            Nicolas Caplat
                            www.intangibles.fr

Comment

Working...
                            X