Memory issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vlado View Post
    I'm not sure about Windows 10; somehow I doubt there's any change, but I will let you know once I try it.

Best regards,
    Vlado
    Thanks.

Oh. That's a shame about Linus. Oh well.
    Regards

Steve

My Portfolio

Comment

This problem is serious.
      It is expected that solution will be found.

OakCorp Japan - Yuji Yamauchi
      oakcorp.net
      v-ray.jp

Comment

agreed.. its cropping up more and more. my current render with displacement takes 20 minutes to return to max after finishing. quite a major timewaster.

Comment

Originally posted by super gnu View Post
          agreed.. its cropping up more and more. my current render with displacement takes 20 minutes to return to max after finishing. quite a major timewaster.
          I have to point out that for me this happens very rarely. Usually when the dynamic geometry was very highly tessellated, way above what its needed. Not saying that this isn't an issue but, if you get the displacement settings right it might not be a big slowdown.
          Dmitry Vinnik
          Silhouette Images Inc.
          ShowReel:
          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxSJlvSwAhA
          https://www.linkedin.com/in/dmitry-v...-identity-name

Comment

vlado Are these memory issues still a thing with latest Windows 10 x64 Or is it a new memory issue? Because the unloading is incredibly slow. I have 128GB RAM and using 85GB for instance. It takes around 5-10 minutes for a render on 1500px to unload from memory and untill Max becomes responsive again. Corona doesn't seem to have this issue, or a lot less.

Vray 5 latest stable.
            A.

---------------------
            www.digitaltwins.be

Comment

Working...
            X