Client Delayed Feedback

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Client Delayed Feedback

How do you guys handle delayed client feedback? I have 4 projects and all are sitting waiting for client feedback, all while other jobs are coming it. My contract says that they have two days to respond or the deadline could be jeopardized and I might need to reschedule their project. Typically, I have clients that take a week or two to respond and they usually want things taken care of right away. Today, I am starting a new project with a new client and yesterday I had a client finally get back to me after two weeks. I want to maintain a good relationship with these clients, so I don't want to play hard ball, but I also want to make new relationships work. This, to me, has been the most difficult thing about freelance work.

Do you make each client feel like they are your only client or do you let them know how busy you are and they are just one of many?
    Bobby Parker
    www.bobby-parker.com
    e-mail: info@bobby-parker.com
    phone: 2188206812

My current hardware setup:
    • Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
    • 128gb Vengeance RGB Pro RAM
    • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090
    • ​Windows 11 Pro

Its a fine line to walk here. I usually treat clients and people the way I want to be treated. But, its a one way street unfortunately. Clients in their mind think they are gods to you because they pay you so they expect you to do anything and everything without sleep or life

I usually say things upfront and honestly. Like what you already said but if they come back and say here are a bunch of changes we need it done by tomorrow, I simply say sorry tomorrow is not possible, it can be done by so and so date. No explanation needed here. If they then come back furious etc you explain to them what you already said before.

In 90% of the cases some mutual agreement can be found.

Did those clients which did not respond to you pay you some $ already? if so, chances are they will surely come back.

I often also email them back and follow up, telling them that I need to plan my time with other projects etc.
    Dmitry Vinnik
    Silhouette Images Inc.
    ShowReel:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxSJlvSwAhA
    https://www.linkedin.com/in/dmitry-v...-identity-name

Comment

Yes, they are return clients and they payed their deposit. I don't want to rush things; nobody wins. I have three days to meet a new deadline, which I have a late start because of another project. I don't want to stick contracts in people's faces, but I want my time to be respected, like I respect their deadlines. I think I'll tell them that I have new projects starting and per the contract I need to reschedule theirs, however I'll do what I can to still meet it. Doing this will let them know that their deadline is in jeopardy and they might want to think about changing dates on their side. I sent one client a gray scale proof of the model two weeks ago, asking them to review it so I can proceed. Last week I sent a reminder and again yesterday. Yesterday she responding as if she was confused and that she doesn't understand the process. That deadline is long gone and now it's interfering with current deadlines.
      Bobby Parker
      www.bobby-parker.com
      e-mail: info@bobby-parker.com
      phone: 2188206812

My current hardware setup:
      • Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
      • 128gb Vengeance RGB Pro RAM
      • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090
      • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

Working...
      X