Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Online interactive app or hyperlinked images - any ideas?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Online interactive app or hyperlinked images - any ideas?

Hi all

I will have a 2D floorplan with various spaces. I will need to be able to click on a camera in a 2D space, which will popup or split the screen in half and show the view of the camera I clicked on. I need to be able to go back to the plan and click on a different camera for a new view. There's different ways to approach this so I would like your input on your recommendations. It could either be online or a standalone application?

1) I could use pure html for this and just add hyperlinks. This is a "silly" way of approaching this I think
    2) Virtual Reality in the form of VRML? Does VRML even still exist and does browsers still support this on all platforms?
    3) Somehow I could do it with WebGL? This option looks interesting, is it supported on all platforms?
    4) Can something like Unreal 4 or Unity do this? Can I export it to a online version accesible on any platform?
    5) What about something like PanoVR etc?
    6) Any other suggestions?

Whichever option I go for, I need to be able to set and control the FOV and angle of the camera. If not controlled, at least the FOV.
    Any comments or ideas?
    Kind Regards,
    Morne

Like this?

https://www.lcp360.com/

I did some work for them and their stuff is cool
    Bobby Parker
    www.bobby-parker.com
    e-mail: info@bobby-parker.com
    phone: 2188206812

My current hardware setup:
    • Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
    • 128gb Vengeance RGB Pro RAM
    • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090
    • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

Originally posted by glorybound View Post
      Like this?

https://www.lcp360.com/

I did some work for them and their stuff is cool
      Yes something like that, sort of. I need to add some more options in the "dots" you see on the plan view. Was that done with panovr or they have their own solution?

I may also need to be able to control the functions of the viewer, using an external application
      Kind Regards,
      Morne

Comment

I think they use something proprietary, but I am not sure.
        Bobby Parker
        www.bobby-parker.com
        e-mail: info@bobby-parker.com
        phone: 2188206812

My current hardware setup:
        • Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
        • 128gb Vengeance RGB Pro RAM
        • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090
        • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

Also, I need to be able to restrict the camera to NOT be 360, maybe only 40 or so...
          Kind Regards,
          Morne

Comment

krpano can do all of this.

you will need to do some customizing to get it to work though.

Comment

If I have KRPano, why would I also need Kolor Panatour Pro? They seem to do the same thing?
              Kind Regards,
              Morne

Comment

Originally posted by Morne View Post
                If I have KRPano, why would I also need Kolor Panatour Pro? They seem to do the same thing?
                Panotour is easier to use if you dont want to programme KRpano. Think it also has some other nice features. I havent used the newest version yet, but it's very quick for adding hotspots and linking panos for example.

Comment

Working...
                X