www.bobby-parker.com
    e-mail: info@bobby-parker.com
    phone: 2188206812

My current hardware setup:
    • Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
    • 128gb Vengeance RGB Pro RAM
    • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090
    • ​Windows 11 Pro

It might just be able to run Max...expensive though.
    "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work."
    Thomas A. Edison

Comment

Their i7 with 512gb HD and 16gb ram is $2700.

This is better in every way (video card and 1tb ssd) apart from the screen doesn't detach and is lower resolution for $999. http://shop.lenovo.com/us/en/laptops.../y-series/y50/

I will never spend that kind of a premium on screen resolution and gimmicks.

Comment

I don't know, my Macbook Pro is pretty much a gimmick; an expensive Chromebook IMO.
        Bobby Parker
        www.bobby-parker.com

• Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
        • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

i am going for ipad pro when its out and use Teamviewer and good internet connection to drive my office workstation while i am out of office. Price is steep as well but at least they know theyre still selling an ipad and not just some sort of hybrid.
          Lets see how they both turn out to be

I am mainly planning to use it for some digital drawing, making notes, doodles, sketching and accessing my office comp (thus the need for a nice big screen space)
          Martin
          http://www.pixelbox.cz

Comment

I am also looking at the iPad Pro, however I am not sure. I might sell my iPad, to justify some of the cost.

Originally posted by PIXELBOX_SRO View Post
            i am going for ipad pro when its out and use Teamviewer and good internet connection to drive my office workstation while i am out of office. Price is steep as well but at least they know theyre still selling an ipad and not just some sort of hybrid.
            Lets see how they both turn out to be

I am mainly planning to use it for some digital drawing, making notes, doodles, sketching and accessing my office comp (thus the need for a nice big screen space)
            Bobby Parker
            www.bobby-parker.com

• Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
            • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Neilg View Post
              Their i7 with 512gb HD and 16gb ram is $2700.

This is better in every way (video card and 1tb ssd) apart from the screen doesn't detach and is lower resolution for $999. http://shop.lenovo.com/us/en/laptops.../y-series/y50/

I will never spend that kind of a premium on screen resolution and gimmicks.
              just an FYI - the link Bobby included is for the Surface Book, not the Surface Pro 4. A similar setup on the Surface 4 is about $2200, still not cheap though (and a less capable GPU).

And just to clarify on the Lenovo laptop, getting an equivalent machine to either the Book or Pro 4 would bump the price up to $1299. Still a much better deal though.
              www.dpict3d.com - "That's a very nice rendering, Dave. I think you've improved a great deal." - HAL9000... At least I have one fan.

Comment

I am stuck with microsoft all day at work so i seek to work with something else for my purpose than windows. To me the difference is like playig the game on pc versus playin on ps4 from the comfort of an armchair or a couch )
                Martin

Comment

Originally posted by PIXELBOX_SRO View Post
                  I am stuck with microsoft all day at work so i seek to work with something else for my purpose than windows. To me the difference is like playig the game on pc versus playin on ps4 from the comfort of an armchair or a couch )
                  Let me know how it goes I'm curious about the iPad Pro too.

Best regards,
                  Vlado
                  I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

will do...its available from november here in Czech so ill have to wait one more month....its a piece of cake as i ve been waiting for that for a year
                    will do some more due dilligence before i make the purchase...alot of research int he cross platform productivity apps and such
                    Martin

Comment

To add to dlparsi's comment:

While i see your point and i basically agree it is not "better in every way". For example it is also more than 1.5x the weight, has a lower resolution camera, less batterytime (at least based on the OEM's claims hehe), does not have a pen, no touch display no display port and some more. Also in many other areas it is up to par not better (like Memory etc.)

If you need these is a different question. But together with the screen res and detachable tablet i find it hard to call the lenovo better in every way.

Comment

The worry is that the GPU is only 1GB VRAM. That seems very limiting to me. In many scenes you'll need 1GB+ for high res textures and a detailed scene etc. And that would be with only 1 max instance running. I think 2GB should be absolute minimum for proper work really... it's the only thing putting me off buying it. Well, that and the Dell XPS 12/15 which also looks amazing. 4k on that puppy...
                        Alex York
                        Founder of Atelier York - Bespoke Architectural Visualisation
                        www.atelieryork.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by instinct View Post
                          i find it hard to call the lenovo better in every way.
                          I meant in it's ability to get things done - hd size, processor speed. The resolution of a built in webcam and using displayport over hdmi doesnt mean anything to me. To others it may, but i'm not paying a $1700 premium for it.

Comment

I meant in it's ability to get things done - hd size, processor speed. The resolution of a built in webcam and using displayport over hdmi doesnt mean anything to me. To others it may, but i'm not paying a $1700 premium for it.
                            It is up to par though in pretty much all areas though no? There is no difference in CPUs/MEM/HDD, is there? But as mentioned that makes it maybe better suitable for you, not better in general.

For example i want dual screens (which is part of my "getting things done" list) and i daisy chain via display port atm. A single HDMI does not work for me.

To be clear: I would not pay that much for these either, but especially weight and display port would rule out the lenovo for me. My personal MSI suits me a lot, but it is between the two price wise.

Cheers,
                            Thorsten

Comment

i wish for two unreal things:
                              3DSMAX, vray and plugs for Mac.
                              OSX being sold as an alternative to windows and to be able to install it to your custom PC if you meet certain hardware requirements (certified HW parts)

this will of course never happen so ill just keep dreaming
                              Martin

Comment

Working...
                              X