Windows 10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows 10

Are you guys having display issues in Windows 10? Nothing major, it's just if I see things wrong, what's wrong that I don't see? The Cortana search box is all screwed up and so does the right side of the task bar, sometimes. I know I can turn the Cortana search box off. Sometimes, you can't even pick at it.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	12.5 KB
ID:	882910
    Bobby Parker
    www.bobby-parker.com
    e-mail: info@bobby-parker.com
    phone: 2188206812

My current hardware setup:
    • Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
    • 128gb Vengeance RGB Pro RAM
    • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090
    • ​Windows 11 Pro

did you install it from scratch? I got the message to upgrade but I don't know if I should install it.
    show me the money!!

Comment

No, I upgraded. Everything else is working good, except a possible memory issue.
      Bobby Parker
      www.bobby-parker.com
      e-mail: info@bobby-parker.com
      phone: 2188206812

My current hardware setup:
      • Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
      • 128gb Vengeance RGB Pro RAM
      • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090
      • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

installe on one of our notebooks with a trackpad as an upgrade.

all of the sudden the screen started flipping 180 for no reason.
        Had to reinstall trackpad drivers and in the resolution centre i had to disable the table controls.

and yes, i really do thisnk having one system for PC and one for table is a bad idea from the start
        so much ballast in the systewm that never gets used
        Martin
        http://www.pixelbox.cz

Comment

installed from scratch and everything works fine, unless all those security issues I have to fiddle with to be able to open my files

Stan
          3LP Team

Comment

I know I'm going to sound like a broken record...but after you upgrade to Windows 10 and it activates itself. Wipe the computer and install windows 10 as a fresh install. It will mitigate any little strange issues that may pop-up. I've used this method on over 20 computers / laptops and all work great. I'm always a little weary of doing an OS upgrade...too many little variables that can go wrong.
            Troy Buckley | Technical Art Director
            Midwest Studios

Comment

I second that, I will never do a upgrade, always a fresh install.

Stan
              3LP Team

Comment

I actually upgraded over Windows 8.1 (didn't do fresh install) and so far everything works fine... didn't have to reinstall a thing. Even Start8 continued to be my Start menu.

Best regards,
                Vlado
                I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Originally posted by Donald2B View Post
                  I know I'm going to sound like a broken record...but after you upgrade to Windows 10 and it activates itself. Wipe the computer and install windows 10 as a fresh install. It will mitigate any little strange issues that may pop-up. I've used this method on over 20 computers / laptops and all work great. I'm always a little weary of doing an OS upgrade...too many little variables that can go wrong.
                  Are you able to do the fresh install from the settings within Windows 10 once you've updated? I wonder what the process is when you upgrade your primary hard-drive... I've got a machine that is eligible for a Windows 10 upgrade, but I'm looking to upgrade the machine for VR work. Maybe I should wait until I do the upgrade before I upgrade Windows.
                  Brendan Coyle | www.brendancoyle.com

Comment

Originally posted by cheerioboy View Post
                    Are you able to do the fresh install from the settings within Windows 10 once you've updated? I wonder what the process is when you upgrade your primary hard-drive... I've got a machine that is eligible for a Windows 10 upgrade, but I'm looking to upgrade the machine for VR work. Maybe I should wait until I do the upgrade before I upgrade Windows.
                    I think you can upgrade the HDD without issue. I will have to double check to be absolutely sure. Basically the new authentication system for the upgrade works by tying the Windows license to your computer. So once you upgrade, it basically ties the license to your computer hardware, primarily the motherboard. So after upgrading, you can wipe the machine and start fresh without having to re-activate windows because it will recognize the unique Hardware ID generated during the upgrade process. I would just double check to see what hardware changes "break" the windows activation to the point it thinks it's in a new system. Typically HDD upgrades have been okay since a LOT of people have been moving from HDD to SSD for the primary drive.
                    Troy Buckley | Technical Art Director
                    Midwest Studios

Comment

Originally posted by Donald2B View Post
                      I think you can upgrade the HDD without issue. I will have to double check to be absolutely sure. Basically the new authentication system for the upgrade works by tying the Windows license to your computer. So once you upgrade, it basically ties the license to your computer hardware, primarily the motherboard. So after upgrading, you can wipe the machine and start fresh without having to re-activate windows because it will recognize the unique Hardware ID generated during the upgrade process. I would just double check to see what hardware changes "break" the windows activation to the point it thinks it's in a new system. Typically HDD upgrades have been okay since a LOT of people have been moving from HDD to SSD for the primary drive.
                      Looks like you're right. From what I'm seeing it's mainly if you replace the motherboard that you lose the license. So I might still hold out then to see to what degree I upgrade my machine. Install Windows 7, then free upgrade onto the latest hardware. Thanks
                      Brendan Coyle | www.brendancoyle.com

Comment

If you want to do some VR I would hold off for now.

I'm on win10 and I'm stuck with oculus runtime 0.7 how is a massive change with the previous versions. They redesigned the whole software layer to work straight from the drivers in conjunction with nvidia and amd and not make a software layer between the os and the oculus.

Results : Nothing is compatible anymore, everything needs to be recompiled and for what has been recompiled, it's buggy. Chromium isn't updated yet so no krpano or other webVR anymore. I wish I would have know that before making the step as I wouldn't have done it. In that regard, I'm really disappointed of Win10

Stan
                        3LP Team

Comment

Working...
                        X