Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rebusfarm + Progressive + Lenseffects

Hi folks,

I have an 8K archviz exterior, with lots of glossies, 20 lights, HDRI, lots of trees, grass, displacement... 4 environmentfog effects, etc..I'm currently rendering it on my workstation (dual xeon, 64 GB ram) and it will take some time to complete rendering on progressive I think ( approx 2 passes in an hour).

I like to use the lens effects of the VFB and I'd rather do all my color editing in there too. So how can I render with Rebusfarm but still use the VFB to tone map and apply lens effects. I remember trying to render to a vrimg; but I wasn't succesfull. And I don't want to get in trouble with my gamma either because I think I had that problem too. (gamma setup: 2.2 IN, 1.0 OUT, Don't apply gamma + sRGB button checked).

So how do I setup everything so I receive a file I can load in my VFB and still do all the color correcting and lens effecting in there? Also if anybody has an idea how to setup the progressive renderer for Rebus (time?passes?money?) that would be very helpful.
    A.

---------------------
    www.digitaltwins.be

Does EXR work fine? You can load that into the VFB.

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Originally posted by vlado View Post
      Does EXR work fine? You can load that into the VFB.

Best regards,
      Vlado
      I've rendered to EXR with rebusfarm before and that works yes. But has to be a multilayer EXR I guess? Otherwise the lenseffects pass isn't going to be included? And I'm not sure Rebusfarm supports multilayer EXR.
      A.

---------------------
      www.digitaltwins.be

Comment

Well I guess it doesn't matter because they don't support RichDirt. Quite frustrating as max just crashed while rendering. Didn't happen with this scene yet.

Edit: Scratch that they had to update for the max 2016 version.
        Last edited by Vizioen; 20-10-2015, 01:10 AM.
        A.

---------------------
        www.digitaltwins.be

Comment

Working...
        X