bitmap creation in 3dsmax using script - contact surfaces

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bitmap creation in 3dsmax using script - contact surfaces

I'm sure I read (ages ago) that it was possible to create bitmaps on the fly with 3dsmax simliar to this script: http://www.scriptspot.com/3ds-max/sc...-snow-sand-mud

It would just be good to have something like this without having to rely on a plugin. Do any of you coders out there know of a way to do this ? Preferably create the bitmap based on contact surfaces. I'm trying to create footprints in the snow as a character walks.

Thanks
    Regards

Steve

My Portfolio

Could be a little off, but for this kind of use, in an animation, i'm using Vray Distance tex.
    In displacement slot of the floor and /or s
    ( Create a dummy of the foot, not visible to render/GI and leave it there as the character goes away..)
    Alain Blanchette
    www.pixistudio.com

Comment

Hmm. That's an interesting way of doing it. So I guess I place the same distance tex into the displacement slot too and use 3d displacement ?
      Regards

Steve

My Portfolio

Comment

This maybe?
        http://www.evvisual.com/trail/

Comment

What we did before is make a pflow system with particles on our character's feet and every time it collided with the ground, it spawned other particles. These particles had a shape operator, the entire system was put into a mesher so you were left with a footprint trail. You can then use this as a distance tex source or use it in a volume select modifier with your ground plane and feed it into a push modifier to get the depressions.

Comment

Thanks for the responses. Some really interesting methods. I think the script looks very interesting. Will take a look !
            Regards

Steve

My Portfolio

Comment

I did use the script a long time ago.
              Was pretty usable for simple stuff.

Comment

Working...
              X