Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fusion - Plugin similar to ArionFX for PS?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fusion - Plugin similar to ArionFX for PS?

Hi all

I like the effects you get with ArionFX, looks like a nice plugin for PS. What would be a similar type of thing for Fusion?
    Kind Regards,
    Morne

Most of those effects could be created manually with a string of nodes which can be copied and pasted/converted into fuses.
    generally you use fusion to design your own effects. branch a composition off, use a curves to get the white point, blur it, tint it, add it to other variations and blend it back into the main for a glow. basic chromatic aberration can be done by breaking the comp up into seperate red, green & blue branches, doing stuff to them (scaling/blurring) then adding them back into a completed pass.

http://www.steakunderwater.com/VFXPe...itle=Main_Page

For a glint with 8 points you'd break the image down to just the highlights and use a series of directional blurs to get the streaks, a blur of the original highlights as a mask so they fade and some layering to get control over the colors. Once it's done you could convert it into a single fuse with only the controls for length, glow & color exposed.
    Last edited by Neilg; 20-11-2015, 10:41 AM.

Comment

As an example, i just made this from scratch in under 10 minutes.

http://i.imgur.com/5e5GTPW.jpg
      (linked because it's huge)

The directional blur controls the length of the streaks, middle section fades out the arms of the glint and the bottom section adds the outer ring.
      with a bit more time its not hard to match a photographic effect (genuinely didn't even look at the end result until i was done, there was zero tweaking to make it look good) and the entire thing could be converted into a fuse with only 4 or 5 important controls exposed.
      Last edited by Neilg; 20-11-2015, 11:03 AM.

Comment

Your results looks very good, but the process look a bit too complicated than what I care to get into right now, that's why I'm asking if there's a plugin that can do this?
        Kind Regards,
        Morne

Comment

Working...
        X