Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• local remote network connection

got a question regarding remote computer connection :
    my office is in the building next to my home, i want to work at night from a computer in my home on my work computer. I have tried Autodesk's Remote Connect (or whatever it is called) but it bombs out often. If I re-arrange the computers in the house and office, I can get them spaced about 5meters apart. I have a 1gb network connection from home to office, on the same network obviously. Is there a way to remote connect to the office computer on my internal network? It looks like Autodesk Remote and the like connect you via an internet connection. So I would like to remote connect but do it all internally.

I suppose the other option is to get long cables for screen and usb, and swap the cables manually. Or would there be a way to swap them automatically? something like a kvm switch, but instead of working on 2 computers from the same keyboard, mouse and screen, you work on 1 computer from different mouse, keyboard and screen?

anybody have an idea how to do this?

thanks, Wim

If theyre on the same network why not just use good old windows remote desktop?

Comment

Originally posted by AlexP View Post
      If theyre on the same network why not just use good old windows remote desktop?

Yes this one. Normal Windows Remote Desktop will work fine
      Kind Regards,
      Morne

Comment

ah yes. I forgot about windows remote. will give it a go!
        thanks!!!

Comment

Working...
        X