Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Switching to Maya from Max

Hello,
    I'm a longtime Max user and am about to start learning Maya. I was wondering if any of you Maya experts could give me some advice or direction on where to begin, how to start. Has anyone else here switched? How did you do it? Know of any good guides for this?
    Thanks,
    Caleb

Originally posted by maxedesa View Post
    Hello,
    I'm a longtime Max user and am about to start learning Maya. I was wondering if any of you Maya experts could give me some advice or direction on where to begin, how to start.
    I would start by making sure that there are no sharp forks around as you may have many moments when you might start poking yourself in the eye with one just to ease the pain of working with Maya.

JUST KIDDING!

Seriously, try asking this over in the Vray for Maya forum. You may find converts with some good hints and advice over there...

-Alan

Comment

If you're serious about it, escape studios do an online course and they're boringly thorough. All run to london vfx standards and they'll do a short 10 week course or a vray thorough 60 week course. A bit pricey for the long one but you'll be battle hardened after it, you'll get the benefit of a tutor to interact with and other students to progress with too - http://shop.escapestudios.com/online...beginners.html

Comment

Working...
      X