incredibly noob problem.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• incredibly noob problem.

ok this is wierd. i have a massive bundle of splines. ive attached them into a single spline object. i go to "spline" subobject, select one, try to move it.. the whole object moves..?

wtf? there is nothing unusual or non-standard about this scene.

on a related note, the reason i wish to select the subobject is to move it. ideally id like to use randon-transform to shift all the spline subobjects randomly, but i cannot find a single randomiser tool that works with spline subobjects. even the "spline toolbox" script will only randomise vertex or segment positions.

have i missed some major limitation of spline objects for all these years?!

Do you have to have them attached before you randomize them? You could export the object as a dwg, import this using "derive AutoCAD primitives by Entity", randomize and then attach perhaps.
    www.meetup.com/3DLondon

Comment

thanks for the reply.. thats a nice trick to separate the splines! im sure it will be useful one day.. in the end i went back to an earlier version of the file before i had attached them, as there were some other tweaks i needed to do too. still a mystery why i couldnt select a spline from the object and move it independently... never happened to me before.

Comment

Working...
      X