linked dwg in 3ds Max 2016

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• linked dwg in 3ds Max 2016

I do not know why but suddenly after reloading linked dwg (2014) in 3ds max 2016 sp2 all the linked geometry disappears. If I reload again the geometry appears but all the mapping is lost.
    Till yestarday I was working with 3ds max 2011 (!) and I have never got any problem with linking dwg.
    Has anyone encountered this before and have some way of fixing the issue?
    Thanks so much in advance.
    Paolo
    paolo vaja
    www.3d-arch.it

Maybe it's somehow related to the bug in SP2 for groups? Try removing SP2 and see if you still have issues
    Kind Regards,
    Morne

Comment

Hi Morné,
      I was working with 3dsmax2016 without any SP and I had this issue. So I installed directly SP2. You say that is better to install only SP1?
      Thanks
      paolo vaja
      www.3d-arch.it

Comment

A couple of colleagues here have said that SP1 fixed file linking problems from Autocad. However, if a project was started without SP1 installed, it does not help.

In other words, you may have to start again with a fresh file linked scene with SP1 installed.
        Kind Regards,
        Richard Birket
        ----------------------------------->
        http://www.blinkimage.com

----------------------------------->

Comment

Ok. I will try.
          Thanks
          paolo vaja
          www.3d-arch.it

Comment

I've had different problems with linking that were sometimes cured by doing a "selective reload" in the advanced tab, even of the entire scene. Select everything in the scene before a reload and then choose the "selected in scene" option. Worth a try.
            www.dpict3d.com - "That's a very nice rendering, Dave. I think you've improved a great deal." - HAL9000... At least I have one fan.

Comment

No it does not work. ��
              I think I had to remap everything.
              Thanks again.
              paolo vaja
              www.3d-arch.it

Comment

Working...
              X