Find UVW

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Find UVW

I have asked this before,and I have answers, however, I never figured it out. If something has a UVW map, and is collapsed, how do you find what the UVW was? Can I get screen grabs, maybe?
    Bobby Parker
    www.bobby-parker.com
    e-mail: info@bobby-parker.com
    phone: 2188206812

My current hardware setup:
    • Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
    • 128gb Vengeance RGB Pro RAM
    • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090
    • ​Windows 11 Pro

You mean to edit or see the UV map? You can use the Unwrap UVW modifier and hit Open UV Editor.
    Rens Heeren
    Generalist
    WEBSITE - IMDB - LINKEDIN - OSL SHADERS

Comment

Originally posted by Rens View Post
      You mean to edit or see the UV map? You can use the Unwrap UVW modifier and hit Open UV Editor.
      when I import something that is collapsed, I want to know what the UVW Mapping was. Specifically, I imported a screen door and I liked the screen mapping, and I want to know what they used for the UVW Mapping, so I could reproduce it.
      Bobby Parker
      www.bobby-parker.com
      e-mail: info@bobby-parker.com
      phone: 2188206812

My current hardware setup:
      • Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
      • 128gb Vengeance RGB Pro RAM
      • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090
      • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

Oh I see, so if for example planar or spherical mapping was used? As far as I know there's no way other than to eyeball it, try a few different mapping options to see if they fit.

However, if you want to copy over the UVs of the screen and want to use it on a similar object, you can look into the Projection modifier, this can project the UV layout of a source object to a target object with a different mesh.
        Basically you add a Projection modifier to the screen, then you Pick the object that you want to have the same UV layout for. Under the Projection rollout you click Add. Then hit Project. I think that should do the trick.
        Rens Heeren
        Generalist
        WEBSITE - IMDB - LINKEDIN - OSL SHADERS

Comment

Working...
        X