Batch Save SketchUp to v8?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Batch Save SketchUp to v8?

I have a giant pile of SketchUp files that I need to import into Max 2015. Normally I just save the SKP file as a version 8 file and its ready to import. But now I have a lot of SKP files (580+) that I need to import. Does anyone know of a Rubyscript or something to batch convert SKP file versions?

I could buy SimLabs SketchUp importer for $99. But I'd rather not for this one occasion. And I don't like that the meshes are all triangulated. I could Auto Edge to clean up the triangles, but just another laborious step I'd rather not do.

before import the file I would purge it....I personally split the file in pieces depending of the project. (Site, Shell, Windows & Doors,etc)
    then I export it as 3ds by material.

Why you have 580+ files?
    show me the money!!

Comment

There was a patch I found on the SKP forums that lets you "UPDATE" the Max skp importer so it imports the latest sketchups. It involved copying 2 or 3 files from a Sketchup install over to the max folder. I can't remember the details now but I'm sure if you Google it you will find it
      Kind Regards,
      Morne

Comment

Thanks Morne. I'll try a search for that "update."

I haven't fully migrated to Max 2016 yet, but it will import SKP 2015 files. I could then save down to Max 2015.

Comment

Working...
        X