3ds max populate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3ds max populate

even though Populate has been around for awhile, I never really took a look at it. I'm in max 2015 so I tried to open the autodesk tutorial scenes for it but they crashed max. So I just created a new scene and had at it. Simple stuff. But when I went to create a ramp, the tools for that are greyed out, even with the flows selected. Nothing I could find on various forums helped. Are the ramps simply dead and not available? Just curious.
    mh

they are just crap...

it would be so much more useful if the ramps worked better, or there was a much better way of working with levels.

for ramps to work you need to be in segment mode. but i find that i can make a few, then starts being greyed out and i can't add any more.

Comment

Originally posted by chriserskine View Post
      they are just crap...

it would be so much more useful if the ramps worked better, or there was a much better way of working with levels.

for ramps to work you need to be in segment mode. but i find that i can make a few, then starts being greyed out and i can't add any more.
      Segments don't seem to work correctly, as you say. I add a few but only one takes effect. Can't add more...and still no ramp, it is greyed out. Oh well. The idling people seem to work well. And the people without ramps work well. Not that I could ever use them because nothing we ever create has level ground. Everything has slopes. Everything is engineered to drain water off its surface.
      The most useful people would be animated ones that follow a spline that follows a terrain. Itoosoft comes to mind for that sort of thing.
      mh

Comment

Working...
      X