Costs to train someone ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Costs to train someone ?

Does anyone have any experience in training an individual or group of people ? I'm wondering how much one would charge per day for this type of thing ?
    Regards

Steve

My Portfolio

A Long long time ago I charged a company $100 an hour to come on site and teach a retoucher modeling and CGI (A lot to an individual, but maybe not a bigger company) After 5-6 sessions, he realised it was years of work and asked if we could start a company lol.
    Don't cut yourself short.
    admin@masteringcgi.com.au

----------------------
    Mastering CGI
    CGSociety Folio
    CREAM Studios
    Mastering V-Ray Thread

Comment

Really depends on a lot of factors.

3 different teaching experiences I had, all with different incomes.

General teacher in a school, whatever the schools pays.

One on one with someone, or a very small group;
      When a friend or somebody I'm working with on regular basis, an Architect or a Designer, I'll go for my 'Preferential regular hourly charge' so i'll let you do your math, depending on your rate
      With a 'formal' request, had to make custom plan for whatever they wanted to learn, people I do not know or make business with usually, for a period of 2x half days, (so gets to your full day), pay was around 3 times my regular rate.

Hope it helps
      Alain Blanchette
      www.pixistudio.com

Comment

i used to do vray training for a certain large software reseller in the UK. . At the time i charged £300 /day for one person, plus and extra £50 a day for each extra person. i have no idea how that relates to other suppliers of training. it was the fee i was offered.. and very nice it was too! unfortunately the requests for training were not that frequent, then i left the UK..

Comment

Thanks for the advice guys. I'm very keen to teach. I've been asked specifically by someone who wants to improve their 3d ability as they seem to have hit a wall at the moment. I kind of know how they feel! I know I'm not up to some of the top artists standards on here and other sites but I still feel I have a lot to offer so this opportunity is pretty exciting.
          Regards

Steve

My Portfolio

Comment

Working...
          X