Need advices please please.....!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need advices please please.....!

Hello folks, a client ask me to do a job but i don't know the best trick to done it.
    Here we go: He'll send me some mall picture took in day lighting and ask me to insert garland etc... for Xmas period.
    the example page he sent to me is pretty ugly. I need to improve drasticaly the quality but I can't remodel all the mall in 3D because this is a huge and full time job in year.
    So actualy he make bad photoshop composition and insertion. He also ask me to make vids from the picture where the light need to be animated, shine, sparkle etc...

Here are the example

Click image for larger version

Name:	Louvroil coton complet_Page_04.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	407.6 KB
ID:	883604Click image for larger version

Name:	Louvroil coton complet_Page_06.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	394.8 KB
ID:	883605

You Guys, how you'll do this kind of Sh*t?
    any advice, input would be very apreciate!!!!!!
    thanks
    =:-/
    Laurent

Geometry for the shape of the lights. Particles birthed per vertex for the even light bulb spacing, making a few animated vray colour swatches in a multisubtex looping between bright and dark and feed that into a vray light material - make some really simple geometry for the walls and roofs from a matched camera so you've got a surface for your generated light to fall on so you can integrate into the stills.

Comment

Thanks for your quick reply John, so if I understand well, you'll do this in 3D?
      I'm not sure about the perfect workflow to make it very fast. in the year I need to make around 1200 compositing like this, for something like 30€ per comping (I want to increase this price of course but he actualy pay this per page)
      i'm a bit lost.
      =:-/
      Laurent

Comment

Maybe use after effects and particular then? You can get it to evenly spawn particles along a path and feed them into trapcode shine and starglow - it'll be dirty but you'd be able to keep duplicating the same after effects comp and just swapping the source images and path.

Comment

id go the 3d route, a few planes aligned to the main surfaces would be enough to get some lighting and reflection into the scene.

if you go the AE route it wont look much, if any, better than his photoshop effort.

having said that.. 1200 compositions at 30 euros a composition? thats quite ridiculous unless you can reuse loads of stuff. who on earth needs 1200 animated images of a shopping centre with christmas lights?

Comment

Hi, i dont know it it would helap, i i've been doing a lot of Wrapper stuf, and maybe you could use it also,
            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2KEAl0kJSdo
            this clip may give you an idea on how to use a bacground photo and match the camera and so on and so on...
            i hope i could at least help a little

Comment

Working...
            X