AutoGrass Woes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AutoGrass Woes

I have been plagued with extremely long render times. I mean, insanely extreme long. I didn't know if my machine was not working right, if V-Ray was problematic, however, I now know it is AutoGrass. Maybe, not 100% AutoGrass, but it is playing a major roll. I sent the developer an email awhile back and after a few weeks, he said that he isn't seeing any slow downs with the new V-Ray and AutoGrass. Out of a hunch, I replaced AutoGrass with some Forest Pro Beta grass and now my scene is flying (from 16+ hours to 3+ hours). I'll have to do some more testing, but it might be a combination of AutoGrass and Forest Pack Pro. I think AutoGrass runs fine without FP. Anyway, this might help someone out there experiencing the same thing.
    Bobby Parker
    www.bobby-parker.com
    e-mail: info@bobby-parker.com
    phone: 2188206812

My current hardware setup:
    • Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
    • 128gb Vengeance RGB Pro RAM
    • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090
    • ​Windows 11 Pro

ive never used autograss, but is it one of those things that likes a finely divided mesh to work with?

tbh im not sure why you need anything other than forest and a few presets you are happy with...

Comment

Originally posted by super gnu View Post
      ive never used autograss, but is it one of those things that likes a finely divided mesh to work with? tbh im not sure why you need anything other than forest and a few presets you are happy with...
      I do subdivide, but it doesn't really make a difference. I subdivide so I can add a subtle noise. The beta Forest Pack has some really nice grass and now mulch, so I don't see a reason for AutoGrass now. I purchased AutoGrass many years ago.
      Bobby Parker
      www.bobby-parker.com
      e-mail: info@bobby-parker.com
      phone: 2188206812

My current hardware setup:
      • Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
      • 128gb Vengeance RGB Pro RAM
      • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090
      • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

Working...
      X