No announcement yet.

Final Invoice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't believe everything you read.... In USA is ok bringing the bill to the the table when you still eating everywhere else is not ok actually It's terrible bad. You value the customer service that you get from Chaosgroup the same way your clients would value your service as well, but if it's a new client you have to be careful.
    show me the money!!

Comment

Take your contract to a lawyer. Have them look it over and give you advice. That money you spend with the lawyer who knows ins and outs and what-have-yous of business will be just as important as the money you spend on Vray.

Our business isn't exactly similar to most other businesses. If you are working for an architect, they may not even have them money yet from their client or even invoiced it out yet. How can they pay you? As renderers, we are often way down the line in the money chain. We need to get paid in a timely fashion, but sometimes screaming about it does not help the situation.

Sending the invoice early seems kind of like a dick move. Think of it in these terms as well. You send the invoice a few days early. Now, when do you think the most changes will happen on a project? Early on or in the last few days? But wait, all of these changes you have to do and your invoice is already in the mail. Do you think they'll pay you now for additional services? You've already invoiced your time. I'd tell you so sorry, you already sent me the final invoice. No takesies backsies.

Comment

The way I see it is, if they need the image by a certain date, and I want to make sure they get what they need, I'll get the last invoice rolling so they can use it; it isn't theirs unless they pay for it. Although I don't watermark, technically, the watermark stays on until the final invoice is payed. I did a series of images for a developer, who wanted to market a development by the first of the year, and I have yet to see the final payment. Had I watermarked it, they would have paid right away. Maybe I am a little linear, but they agree to the terms, which means the final payment is due when I deliver. The early invoice is when the final red lines have been made, the final images have been sent, and I haven't heard anything for a week. After a week, the invoice is sent, regardless! Although I have been swamped for over a year, I am still always conscious of bills needing to get payed. I have enough to worry about, so I don't want to worry about the money side of things. Just like I always get a deposit before I start, I always get paid before I release the finished images (at least per contract). For some reason, the accounting department has access to a credit card to get me to start, however, their hands seem to get tied when the balance is due.
        Bobby Parker
        www.bobby-parker.com
        e-mail: info@bobby-parker.com
        phone: 2188206812

My current hardware setup:
        • Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
        • 128gb Vengeance RGB Pro RAM
        • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090
        • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

Originally posted by glorybound View Post
          For some reason, the accounting department has access to a credit card to get me to start, however, their hands seem to get tied when the balance is due.
          It's amazing how this works. Very frustrating.
          www.dpict3d.com - "That's a very nice rendering, Dave. I think you've improved a great deal." - HAL9000... At least I have one fan.

Comment

Originally posted by glorybound View Post
            I did a series of images for a developer
            That right there is your problem. I treat developers a lot different than other clients... My deposit is usually 2/3 of the project since I'm almost guaranteed the final payment will be late, or never.

Comment

Working...
            X