Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do I import a revit file into max2016?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I import a revit file into max2016?

I can import a revit file into max2016 on my laptop, but for some reason, I can't on my workstation. It looks like I need to install the Revit module or something.

How do I go about doing that without cocking up my install of Max2016?
    Kind Regards,
    Richard Birket
    ----------------------------------->
    http://www.blinkimage.com

I think when you install Max, there is an option to install the Revit interop plug-in. You should, fingers crossed, be able to do this if you just try to fix your install of Max rather than have to uninstall and reinstall all over again.

Comment

Originally posted by VelvetElvis View Post
      I think when you install Max, there is an option to install the Revit interop plug-in. You should, fingers crossed, be able to do this if you just try to fix your install of Max rather than have to uninstall and reinstall all over again.
      Can anyone confirm? I went to the 'remove program' option and nothing suggested itself as adding functionality, only repairing or reinstalling, and Max takes forever to install.

(I hate how all this is. Why can't there simply be an executable or an option from within Max to add extra functions? I've wasted so much time already!)
      Kind Regards,
      Richard Birket
      http://www.blinkimage.com

Comment

If you have the original installation download file, run it, like you are going to install max. When given the option to customize the installation, it should show Max as already being installed...you can select the Revit option and it will only install that module. We do that all the time with various 3DS Max installation options. Should be pretty straight forward.
        Troy Buckley | Technical Art Director
        Midwest Studios

Comment

Working...
        X