RailClone2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RailClone2

Okay, to tell you the truth, I thought RailClone2 was a lot more expensive, which kept me from purchasing it. I expected to pay $600. when in fact it less than 1/2 that. Now that I have it, I would be willing to pay $1,200. I thought there would be a lot more stock stuff for architecture, like roofs, bricks, and siding, however, once you build it you can use it over and over. It took my 7 hours to build my first shingled roof, which was really small, but I can use it over all the time. Had there been a preset, it would have been really nice, however, I am learning it better doing it myself.
    Bobby Parker
    www.bobby-parker.com
    e-mail: info@bobby-parker.com
    phone: 2188206812

My current hardware setup:
    • Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
    • 128gb Vengeance RGB Pro RAM
    • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090
    • ​Windows 11 Pro

Hopefully you used the discount code because you already own ForestPro, which makes it even cheaper. Can't remember if you have to type it in or if the system automatically picks up you already have other Itoo licenses
    Kind Regards,
    Morne

Comment

I didn't

Originally posted by Morne View Post
      Hopefully you used the discount code because you already own ForestPro, which makes it even cheaper. Can't remember if you have to type it in or if the system automatically picks up you already have other Itoo licenses
      Bobby Parker
      www.bobby-parker.com

• Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
      • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

Railclone is awesome, though I've yet to use it on a Roof (for tiles) - Batzal is what I've used for that and it works a like a charm (though it's only compatible up to 2014, I think).
        Jez

------------------------------------
        3DS Max 2023.3.4 | V-Ray 6.10.08 | Phoenix FD 4.40.00 | PD Player 64 1.0.7.32 | Forest Pack Pro 8.2.2 | RailClone 6.1.3
        Windows 11 Pro 22H2 | NVidia Drivers 535.98 (Game Drivers)

Asus X299 Sage (Bios 4001), i9-7980xe, 128Gb, 1TB m.2 OS, 2 x NVidia RTX 3090 FE
        ---- Updated 06/09/23 -------

Comment

I had Batzal, but havent used it in years. I did recently look and saw that it hasn't been updated sine I last used it, which was years.
          Originally posted by JezUK View Post
          Railclone is awesome, though I've yet to use it on a Roof (for tiles) - Batzal is what I've used for that and it works a like a charm (though it's only compatible up to 2014, I think).
          Bobby Parker
          www.bobby-parker.com

• Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
          • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

I used the rail clone lite script by the iToo training manager in the other thread but haven't pulled the trigger on the full version yet. I probably will shortly as I want to keep all displacement to a minimum. Besides the time I never get it to look the way I want anyway.

Comment

There is a learning curve. I had three houses to do this weekend and so far, I am on house three. Six hours for the first, Two for the second, and Three for the third. The third has stone, which is giving my a migraine. I shooting for 100% no displacement.
              Bobby Parker
              www.bobby-parker.com

• Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
              • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

check out their forums. they have a good setup for dry stone walls.

yeah its great, i don't use it every day. but when you need to, you can just do things that were really hard before.

Comment

The absolute best plugin you can buy (apart from Vray)

If you have anything you're struggling to build, it's worth posting on the forum they are amazingly helpful

Comment

Originally posted by AlexP View Post
                    If you have anything you're struggling to build, it's worth posting on the forum they are amazingly helpful
                    Best software support I've ever seem for sure, they really go above and beyond to help users on their forums.

Comment

Railclone is awesome. Not easy, has some limitations but damn, the time you can win with it
                      Their support is just amazing.
                      http://www.3dna.be

Comment

finally bought it last week....it's exceptional....still have a ton to learn of course
                        Sean MacNintch

Comment

It's a must have. It makes me think that Revit might be a good way to model for rendering. Revit is Rail Clone on steroids.

Originally posted by pixelplume View Post
                          finally bought it last week....it's exceptional....still have a ton to learn of course
                          Bobby Parker
                          www.bobby-parker.com

• Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
                          • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

Originally posted by glorybound View Post
                            Revit might be a good way to model for rendering.
                            no...

James Burrell www.objektiv-j.com
                            Visit my Patreon patreon.com/JamesBurrell

Comment

Working...
                            X