Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Streetwise View Post
    Link seems to be down.

The whole http://www.3dstudio.nl/ site seems to be down. maybe they're busy with an update of the site... Ask Joep in the morning
    Kind Regards,
    Morne

Comment

I bought that script a couple of weeks ago and although I can't say I've tested it extensively it does not appear to work at all. I've tried converting scenes with Arch&Design Materials into Vray and they are still Arch&Design afterwards. Same thing converting from Corona to Vray if I remember correctly, I lost interest very fast.

Comment

Originally posted by Nicinus View Post
        I bought that script a couple of weeks ago and although I can't say I've tested it extensively it does not appear to work at all. I've tried converting scenes with Arch&Design Materials into Vray and they are still Arch&Design afterwards. Same thing converting from Corona to Vray if I remember correctly, I lost interest very fast.
        I found a link for it somewhere else, and like you, I couldn't get it to work either. What I discovered is that I needed to install the trial version of Corona 1.4 first, then open the Corona scene and run the converter from there. Then it worked. I saved the scene back out as V-Ray and was able to import stuff from it with no issues. Maybe that workflow is just assumed, but for me, I thought I could do it without needing Corona installed.
        David Anderson
        www.DavidAnderson.tv

Software:
        Windows 10 Pro
        3ds Max 2023.3 Update
        V-Ray GPU 6 Update 1

Hardware:
        Puget Systems
        TRX40 EATX
        AMD Ryzen Threadripper 3970X 32-Core 3.69GHz
        2X NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090
        128GB RAM

Comment

Originally posted by Streetwise View Post
          Maybe that workflow is just assumed, but for me, I thought I could do it without needing Corona installed.
          Yes, I would have thought it is obvious, but for 3ds Max to read the materials at all, the respective plugin needs to be loaded.

Best regards,
          Vlado
          I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

I have both Vray and Corona installed, and Arch&Design is by default I would assume.

Comment

Ingot the script from Joep and its still under works, currently its not working well so just be patient i am sure they will make it wort to certain extent ��
              Martin
              http://www.pixelbox.cz

Comment

Originally posted by vlado View Post
                The regular V-Ray scene converter available from the viewport right-click menu can do basic conversion of Corona materials, lights and maps to V-Ray ones.
                When we run the VRay Scene Converter the scene still has Corona Bitmaps left in. Is that on your radar to fix?
                Set V-Ray class properties en masse with the VMC script
                Follow me for script updates: @ollyspolys

Comment

Also CoronaLayeredMtl & CoronaRoundedEdges...
                  Set V-Ray class properties en masse with the VMC script
                  Follow me for script updates: @ollyspolys

Comment

Working...
                  X