Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Premiere CC and alpha channel question

Hello,

I rendered out a series of TGA files for an animation with the alpha channel for where the sky will be. When imported into Adobe Premiere CC, I cannot see the alpha channel in the program monitor. The sky area is black and it appears Premiere does not recognize the alpha channel in the TGA files. I searched the web and could not find an answer why this is the case so I'm putting the question out there to someone who may know the secret.

Thanks.....Scott

What happens if you interpret footage and untick alpha?
    What happens if you open same tga in photoshop?
    Kind Regards,
    Morne

Comment

Originally posted by Morne View Post
      What happens if you interpret footage and untick alpha?
      What happens if you open same tga in photoshop?
      No difference with regards to "untick alpha" in the interpret settings, however, if you click on "invert alpha" everything goes black and you can see edge of where the alpha channel is happening. "See attached

As for PS. The file is the same, black background until you right click on the image, load selection and select the alpha channel and delete. I thought Premiere would have a similar function. It's odd because I remember the last time doing this was in Premiere CS4 and the frames imported with the alpha in tact.

Scott
      Attached Files

Comment

Can you attach 1 tga frame here so we can take a look?
        Kind Regards,
        Morne

Comment

I was able to import the file into AF and it worked but I have another issue. How do you save the Z-depth images when you are using the Vray VFB? If I use the Max VFB, it saves the z-depth frame just fine but will not do it with the Vray VFB. Is there a button I need to click?

Thanks........Scott

Comment

Working...
          X