Windows bloody 10 !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows bloody 10 !

Is anyone else having issues with Windows 10 security in terms of saving files to certain locations, dragging files to applications, user account control etc etc etc etc

This is really starting to annoy me. I cannot save certain files in certain locations because of security rights. I cannot drag a max file onto max on all occasions. I turn off UA control only to find that certain apps will not run unless it is on. Windows 10 is a pain in the arse for me at the moment.

Is anyone else experiencing this and if so have you found a way to resolve these issues ?!
    Regards

Steve

My Portfolio

Yes, it is a headache and a 1/2 baked O/S.
    Bobby Parker
    www.bobby-parker.com
    e-mail: info@bobby-parker.com
    phone: 2188206812

My current hardware setup:
    • Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
    • 128gb Vengeance RGB Pro RAM
    • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090
    • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

Windows 10 installed itself on my wife's computer without her permission, I uninstalled it for her. Windows 10 tried to install itself on my computer 3 times without my permission. I immediately shut my computer down each time before it got going. Windows 10 is the new virus.
      So my advice is ....uninstall windows 10.
      mh

Comment

Originally posted by mikeh View Post
        Windows 10 installed itself on my wife's computer without her permission, I uninstalled it for her. Windows 10 tried to install itself on my computer 3 times without my permission. I immediately shut my computer down each time before it got going. Windows 10 is the new virus.
        So my advice is ....uninstall windows 10.
        mh
        Heh! I remember using some software in Windows 7 to remove the Windows 10 install icon in the tasktray. So it hasn't bothered me since. I did just install Windows 10 on a secondary PC for VR which I haven't fully worked on - but it'll be interesting to see if I run into issues. I've already tried to remove all the spyware stuff, bells n' whistles, etc. Just wish there was a windows xp/classic theme for windows 10.. and not that Classic Shell. Want something legit from Microsoft.
        Brendan Coyle | www.brendancoyle.com

Comment

Yes. I am on the board of directors for a local pregnancy center. One of the ladies called me in a panic becasue her computer started installing Windows 10. It is just as bad when Windows 10 reboots after an update. You can turn that off, but it is on by default. I missed deadlines becasue of that.
          Bobby Parker
          www.bobby-parker.com

• Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
          • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

I have to say, apart from the security stuff I'm enjoying windows 10. Well, when I say windows 10 I mean the new start bar where you can organise icons.
            Regards

Steve

My Portfolio

Comment

There is a way to kill the so called update and annoying popup on microsofts site, I dont have the link handy but did find it through google late last night.
              Cheers,
              -dave
              ■ ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E - 1950X ■ ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E - 2990WX ■ ASUS PRIME X399 - 2990WX ■ GIGABYTE AORUS X399 - 2990WX ■ ASUS Maximus Extreme XI with i9-9900k ■

Comment

Originally posted by stevesideas View Post
                I have to say, apart from the security stuff I'm enjoying windows 10. Well, when I say windows 10 I mean the new start bar where you can organise icons.
                I was using Start8 on my Windows 8.1 and the upgrade to Windows 10 kept it, so I never even noticed that there's any change there.

Otherwise, my gripes with Windows 10 are that I can't run Calculator and some other tools (because they need UAC on for whatever reason), and that after two connections to the company VPN it refuses to connect anymore until I reboot, and that settings are scattered in different places - some are in the Control Panel, but some are only accessible through the new PC Settings app.

Best regards,
                Vlado
                I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

I have issues when deleting files. I delete, it still looks like it is still there, but when I delete it again, it says it is not. Also, my 'Ask me anything' crashes a lot. And the infamous runtimebroker ruins the day often.
                  Last edited by glorybound; 24-05-2016, 02:12 PM.
                  Bobby Parker
                  www.bobby-parker.com

• Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
                  • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

windows 7 with gwx control panel ftw.

i literally see -nothing- im interested in in windows 10.. i might have upgraded cos its free, but i discovered my infiniband cards are not supported beyond windows 7, so i actually cannot swap.

finally installed GWX after getting sick of the nagging.

Comment

My mom's computer got upgraded to windows 10, without asking, insane how intrusive it is. Apparently they changed the behaviour of the popup window so people didn't pay attention to it, but they actually set a date when it will update.

They only issues I have so far, is that the last couple of days these things happened and whatever I do I can't solve it:

- Can't open windows explorer with shortcut WIN + E or right click start > file explorer or start menu > file explorer; the only way I can get into explorer is make a new folder on my desktop and open that one.
                      - Right clicking on a file/folder in any file open/save dialogue or in file explorer, freezes that program
                      - My wallpaper goes to black when the above happens.

1 out of 10 times after a reboot I can get it to work. I've already disabled all of my shell extensions, context menus whatnot, so it hasn't got anything to do with that. I think a format might be the only thing that can save me. Unless anybody else has an idea?
                      A.

---------------------
                      www.digitaltwins.be

Comment

this happened to me too, thank god they have a roll back feature so in a few mins i was back to windows 7
                        Architectural and Product Visualization at MITVIZ
                        http://www.mitviz.com/
                        http://mitviz.blogspot.com/
                        http://www.flickr.com/photos/shawnmitford/

i7 5960@4 GHZm, 64 gigs Ram, Geforce gtx 970, Geforce RTX 2080 ti x2

Comment

vlado how did you completely disable UAC? I use Windows 10 Ultimate Tweaker to disable a lot of win10 annoying features, but sometimes UAC still comes up bugging me. Other than that with the Tweaker, and Start10, it runs almost the same as windows 8.1.

Comment

For me, when I run an exe, the bottom right of the install box gives you the option to control it.
                            Bobby Parker
                            www.bobby-parker.com

• Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
                            • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Moriah View Post
                              vlado how did you completely disable UAC? I use Windows 10 Ultimate Tweaker to disable a lot of win10 annoying features, but sometimes UAC still comes up bugging me. Other than that with the Tweaker, and Start10, it runs almost the same as windows 8.1.
                              You can disable UAC completely by running win aero tweaker: http://winaero.com/comment.php?comment.news.1836

Bare in mind though that some windows apps rely on UAC to be on to run and they will not run if it is turned off, ie Calculator, Cortana and probably a bunch of other stuff. <-Ridiculous !
                              Last edited by stevesideas; 26-05-2016, 01:16 AM.
                              Regards

Steve

My Portfolio

Comment

Working...
                              X