Flatiron

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flatiron

Anyone using Flatiron currently/recently successfully with Vray to go to UE or Unity?
    Any recommendations for it? I tried the demo but didn't really have time to figure it all out properly, but on paper it looks good...

Using it on a project now to get into UE4 & Sketchfab.

It's very useful for a 2 click solution (unwrap & bake), especially for someone who hates any other uvw mapping apart from Box type

It can be quite slow I have found when rendering, even when using 10+ machines with DR, but that could just be my settings. Things can get blotchy really easily which is why I whack them up.

The newest version has some really good features such as multi map baking and different unwrap modes, which were a pain in previous versions as you had to bake multiple times.

Compared to using the steamroller script and render to texture in max, worth every penny!

Comment

Ok interesting, as Im basically doing steamroller and RTT as you said...pain
      Are you using it with high poly meshes successfully? Things like soft furniture, plants etc?

Comment

I'm trying to figure out the highpoly->lowpoly baking now. Just used it on exteriors so far.

The unwrap thing in flatiron is really good, so I doubt it will have a problem with super high poly meshes, I remember doing some hedges and trees with millions of leaves and it still worked it out.

Comment

Working...
        X