Anima 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anima 2.0

Anyone started using the new Anima 2.0 yet?

It looks interesting in the demo reels, but that has to be expected:
    https://secure.axyz-design.com/anima...-software-home

Interested to hear, and see how your getting on with it.
    PGDesigns.co.uk

It is powerful, but the export to Max has made all the figures bald and I can't get more than 135 frames of animation even though I have a registered copy. Would appreciate some tips if these errors seem familiar. The other problem is that the VRay skin defaults to 'milk".
    Originally posted by PGD View Post
    Anyone started using the new Anima 2.0 yet?

It looks interesting in the demo reels, but that has to be expected:
    https://secure.axyz-design.com/anima...-software-home

Interested to hear, and see how your getting on with it.

Comment

looks suspect and half baked
      never known anyone to be able to use it.

Comment

I tried the last Version (1.7) but in my opinion the meshes were way too ugly and they walked like zombies. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0R1jn8EtI4)

But I just visited the website, saw the new demo and it seems like they changed all the meshes. The people look much better now.
        Olaf Bendfeldt
        3D-Artist
        dimension3+

Comment

My issues fixed with the update 2.01

Comment

I'd like to say using this as a trail has been a pleasure and now i'm convinced I need to buy the full version, but so far that's far from the case.

On opening anima2 a message appears saying there's a new version available, great, I'll take that.. But on clicking, the software crashes - brilliant.

The workflow seems somewhat messy. You have to export the parts of the scene 'you need' people on as a 3DS file, then import that into anima. Inside anima you then create the walk areas, people groups etc etc before saving the file and importing that into 3dmax. In Max you dont get to change things very much, so you need to go back and forth into anima.

As far as I can see you can't import the 3DMax camera into Anima, so you can't really position people to suit a particular view.

The people still look quite zombie like, though not as bad as previous. Then I think you'd need to buy the high quality people to get a render looking good.

Has anyone else tried it yet?
            PGDesigns.co.uk

Comment

Hi PGD,

Getting user feedback is always good for us to improve our tool.
              Please remember that if you have any issue with the software it will be faster and much more simple requesting support directly to us.

ANIMA is a stand-alone application and uses connection plugins to import animations into 3ds Max and C4D. (We will be working on some other plugins soon)
              I can understand that being a Stand-Alone application can be a bit "uncomfortable" for people that like to do everything in the same 3d package but have in mind that 3d people
              are usually added at the end of the whole process and there is not really necessity to go back and forth between ANIMA and 3ds or C4D.

We completely agree that importing cameras inside ANIMA will be very useful and this is something we will have in mind for future releases / updates.

Thanks again for your feedback. Our goal is to create the best simple-to-use crowd animation software. With ANIMA 2 we have solid bases to go for it!

Keep posting and suggesting improvements!
              AXYZ design
              Support Team

Comment

Originally posted by dimension3plus View Post
                I tried the last Version (1.7) but in my opinion the meshes were way too ugly and they walked like zombies. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0R1jn8EtI4)

But I just visited the website, saw the new demo and it seems like they changed all the meshes. The people look much better now.
                Hi Olaf,

Our new version 2 is a completely new software.
                Maybe you don't know but as an old ANIMA 1 user you can get your new upgrade for free!
                We would love to encourage you to use our new software!

Thanks!
                AXYZ design
                Support Team

Comment

Originally posted by PGD View Post
                  On opening anima2 a message appears saying there's a new version available, great, I'll take that.. But on clicking, the software crashes - brilliant.
                  Crash problem solved with the newer version
                  PGDesigns.co.uk

Comment

If the program itself and the export to max is rock solid I might be tempted to purchase for an upcoming project.
                    Regards

Steve

My Portfolio

Comment

what to say... better than V1.
                      Last edited by thomes; 18-08-2016, 07:19 AM.

Comment

Here's a trial I've rendered..

I'm on the Trial mode so the actors are limited to 5, and you can only render 120 frames so it's quite short.

The flickering at the beginning is my fault, it's the HDRi sun animating to suit different viewpoints.

The still model in the foreground is the free AXYZ model, I just wanted to see how that looked in a render

What do you think to it?

Overall, I think it's fairly easy to use to a basic level, but try to push it and I soon struggle. You need to spend a lot of time setting it up, going back and forth from Anima software to 3ds. The support is non-existent now, though it was ok when I started using it. And I dont think it looks great either
                        PGDesigns.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                        X