GrowFX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GrowFX

Worth it? Or, could you live without it? A single seat is $325, so it is a little pricey for a plugin, IMO.
    Bobby Parker
    www.bobby-parker.com
    e-mail: info@bobby-parker.com
    phone: 2188206812

My current hardware setup:
    • Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
    • 128gb Vengeance RGB Pro RAM
    • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090
    • ​Windows 11 Pro

I bought a license 4 or 5 years ago and only use it 2 or 3 times a year... those times when you need a specific tree or plant that you can't find anywhere. In this context I'd say it is a very useful tool to have.
    But it does require some effort to learn and understand how it works.

mekene

Comment

Expensive, large learning curve, and little usage... I think I'll pass
      Bobby Parker
      www.bobby-parker.com
      e-mail: info@bobby-parker.com
      phone: 2188206812

My current hardware setup:
      • Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
      • 128gb Vengeance RGB Pro RAM
      • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090
      • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

its not expensive
        if you want animated plants its the best option out there and you can buy some decent libraries for it.
        what price to put on decent custom plants?

Comment

As theedge said - it takes a bit of learning. It does give you the ability to create anything you want, but I also just use it just a few times a year to create very specific kinds of trees that can't be found in on-line stores.

Comment

Awesome plugin , bought it about 3 years ago. Buying this depends on what you need to do. I had to do Argentinian tree - Jacaranda , couldn't find it anywhere so i bought growfx to make it. It took me 1 day to get used to plugin and one more day to make that tree.
            Great thing about GrowFX is that if you made one tree - you are just changing Seed value - and you can get million of iterations of that tree.
            And yeah , you can make anything with it. But i'd wait for next version , it should be node based, which should make it much easier to work with.
            Available for remote work.
            My LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/olegbudeanu/

Comment

I bought it 2-3 years ago on a black friday sale. It's quite awesome, haven't used it that much due to time constraints but it's super fast and you can create some awesome things with it. I had to create some wisteria once, took me 6 hours to do it but now I have a Wisteria that can grow on anything and it's still customizable if I need it.

Originally posted by Oleg_Budeanu View Post
              Awesome plugin , bought it about 3 years ago. Buying this depends on what you need to do. I had to do Argentinian tree - Jacaranda , couldn't find it anywhere so i bought growfx to make it. It took me 1 day to get used to plugin and one more day to make that tree.
              Great thing about GrowFX is that if you made one tree - you are just changing Seed value - and you can get million of iterations of that tree.
              And yeah , you can make anything with it. But i'd wait for next version , it should be node based, which should make it much easier to work with.
              Is that so? That would be very nice indeed and make things quite a lot easier.
              A.

---------------------
              www.digitaltwins.be

Comment

It's the bee's knees. Saved my butt on many occasions when I needed a specific plant/tree done.

Comment

Working...
                X