Valve Lab Renderer for Unity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Valve Lab Renderer for Unity

I'm currently testing it, it's quite impressive!
    The realtime direct shadow and the anti-aliasing performance/quality is crazy.

It has a lightmap override for pregenerated lightmaps (from vray for example). And it also has some kind of triplanar map feature which I haven't really tested jet.

It's poles apart from unity standart renderer on VR, tested it with the vive.

And its free try it!
    Last edited by Ihno; 09-07-2016, 03:30 AM.
    German guy, sorry for my English.

You mean this one?
    http://store.steampowered.com/app/450390

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

That App is made with it.

The Renderer is avalable in the unity Asset Store.
      https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/63141

You'll need a Unity Pro version because it just works with the last few betas of Unity which are only working if you have a Pro License.
      So, for those who wont have a pro license it isn't free jet.
      Last edited by Ihno; 08-07-2016, 05:45 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ihno View Post
        And it also has some kind of triplanar map feature which I haven't really tested jet.
        Unfortunatly it dosn't blend and it dosn't follow the objcts movement (slides over the surface). Bassicaly it's a world aligned box map I think. But that can be also very usefull.
        Last edited by Ihno; 08-07-2016, 06:24 AM.

Comment

I should try this renderer.. I bring a lot of pre baked stuff from max/vray into unity3d.
          Brendan Coyle | www.brendancoyle.com

Comment

That App is made with it.

The Renderer is avalable in the unity Asset Store.
            https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/63141

You'll need a Unity Pro version because it just works with the last few betas of Unity which are only working if you have a Pro License.
            So, for those who wont have a pro license it isn't free jet.
            Sorry but betas 5.4b24 is available for everyone...free license included
            This changes some weeks ago.

Comment

Originally posted by bardo View Post
              Sorry but betas 5.4b24 is available for everyone...free license included
              This changes some weeks ago.
              Ah, I accidentally installed an older beta first and it told me that I need an activated pro version(which was on another computer).

I should try this renderer.. I bring a lot of pre baked stuff from max/vray into unity3d.
              I'm wondering how you deal with the metallic/specular maps in Unity since it acts quite different than the Vray Mtl.
              It's allways a back and forth between Unity/PS till it looks right. Quite annoying, especially if you've got more than one material on the map... Have you any trick?
              Special settings for curves or something?
              Or do you also bake the Reflectios, Specular and stuff into the Diffuse and use an unlit Material?
              Last edited by Ihno; 08-07-2016, 10:09 AM.

Comment

I'm wondering how you deal with the metallic/specular maps in Unity since it acts quite different than the Vray Mtl.
                It's allways a back and forth between Unity/PS till it looks right. Quite annoying, especially if you've got more than one material on the map... Have you any trick?
                Special settings for curves or something?
                Or do you also bake the Reflectios, Specular and stuff into the Diffuse and use an unlit Material?
                Nothing that precise at the moment - just sliding the glossy to give it a sheen and setup some reflection probes to get reflections acting a bit normal. Once I get a more firm project to convert - I'd start to look at baking out extra passes and/or spending a bit more time on the shaders.
                Brendan Coyle | www.brendancoyle.com

Comment

Thanks for the tip...impressive. Also works with 5.40b17 beta

Comment

Working...
                  X