Car people: cleaning up cad data

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Car people: cleaning up cad data

We've got a potential job coming in which has a small car component - the car is one smaller part of the overall job, but it is a car which isn't released yet that we'd be given CAD data for, and needs to be hero-ad standard quality inside and out. It's a multi-product ad concept with a few brands that compliment each other in the same pot. A strange one, but it looks like it's actually going ahead.

I guess we have no idea how long it's going to take to clean up to a usable state - we'd be happy re-modeling interior details but the actual translation process is an unknown.
    Anyone out there willing to give a ballpark time for how long it takes - maybe pull from your best experience and your worst, and maybe pm some details too? Ideally we'd outsource this entire part and work with someone who can get us back a clean max/vray model. Wouldn't need final materials, but would need basic groups for them.

Appreciate any information!

Lots of factor are in line here, as the type and quality of the files you will receive, which you have less control on.

But let's say that the files are nicely done and that there is no original geometry problem, we are usually planning 18h for the import, classification based on our system and 'base materials' process. This will include all the 'hard parts' of the vehicle. We will remodel the problematic parts, the soft parts, seats.

If ever your project goes ahead, there is a bit of a 'how to process' I could share with you, as well as some homemade scripts to fast track the CAD cleaning process..
    Alain Blanchette
    www.pixistudio.com

Comment

Chat to Lee at FocalCGI, tell him I sent you his way
      http://focalcgi.com/
      Maxscript made easy....
      davewortley.wordpress.com
      Follow me here:
      facebook.com/MaxMadeEasy

If you don't MaxScript, then have a look at my blog and learn how easy and powerful it can be.

Comment

Working...
      X