krpano for panoramas?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• krpano for panoramas?

I'm trying to get from V-ray to a panorama with krpano, which I've seen a lot of people talk about. Is a cube map the best way to go about this?

I have a 6x1 cubemap that I've cut into individual images (left, right, up, down, back, front) because someone on their forum said to do that. That's as far as I've gotten as their documentation is a minefield.
    No VR/stereo at present, just trying to get the basics down on how to use this thing for a 'simple' browser-based panorama.

Any help would be great!

Thanks

There's a making of on ronen bekerman that explains krpano in a project.

Comment

I did find this one http://www.ronenbekerman.com/360-arc...-robert-dukes/ but that's not krpano but Panotour Pro. To clarify, I have no issues getting krpano to work with a Spherical camera render, it's pretty straight forward drag and drop

I was under the impression that a cube map results in less distortion though?
      Maybe I'm barking up the wrong tree with this and spherical is all I need : /

Comment

You just drop all 6 images on to the "MAKE VTOUR (NORMAL) droplet.bat"
        if they are named properly then it will make a vtour of that cube map.

Comment

It is better to render a spherical 360 than cubed. This will allow you to easily do post production in Photoshop... or at least easy compared to cubed. Just drag and drop the spherical pano on the droplet. KrPano will automatically re-project the image to cubed and divide the faces for you. Naming also does not matter when you do it this way.

Comment

Working...
          X