Multiple Views

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Multiple Views

How do you guys handle multiple views? I quote per view. If they want other views, of the same space, I'll discount it. Lately, almost everyone seems to think that once I have the model done, they can draw a dozen arrows on a plan of views that they want. When I quote their request, they seem surprised, because, "it's just panning/zooming and hitting render". I am working on an exterior school project, and the client has arrows every 10' around the entire building. I have always quoted views; am I crazy?
    Bobby Parker
    www.bobby-parker.com
    e-mail: info@bobby-parker.com
    phone: 2188206812

My current hardware setup:
    • Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
    • 128gb Vengeance RGB Pro RAM
    • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090
    • ​Windows 11 Pro

No, you're not crazy. I sometimes get the same requests but not to the degree you're describing. Actually I have in my contract a base price for additional views of the same space/exterior with the stipulation that no additional modeling or texturing will be required, otherwise Additional Service rates apply for that extra work. As you know it's rarely just move the camera and hit render and you're done. More like move the camera, render, talk with client, move camera a little more, change lighting, render, "what's that weird reflection?", "that doesn't look right..", Photoshop work, move the camera again, remove that tree, etc, etc. I usually quote a full day for additional images.
    www.dpict3d.com - "That's a very nice rendering, Dave. I think you've improved a great deal." - HAL9000... At least I have one fan.

Comment

Plus, the images composition is key, so to stage 20 views is just crazy.
      Bobby Parker
      www.bobby-parker.com
      e-mail: info@bobby-parker.com
      phone: 2188206812

My current hardware setup:
      • Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
      • 128gb Vengeance RGB Pro RAM
      • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090
      • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

I agree with dlparisi except depending on the project and scope of work and if I know weather the client will be overly picky or not determines the cost. Ive had some that are overly picky about the renders like move the sun 1.5 degrees up kinda stuff and on the opposite scale there are others that trust in my judgement ...
        Cheers,
        -dave
        ■ ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E - 1950X ■ ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E - 2990WX ■ ASUS PRIME X399 - 2990WX ■ GIGABYTE AORUS X399 - 2990WX ■ ASUS Maximus Extreme XI with i9-9900k ■

Comment

killer, i hate that, i usually set up a scene for a specific shot unless i know upfront more angles will come otherwise i dont spend time modeling things that i wont see so if they demand other views its like almost a new project sometimes because alot changes even lighting
          Architectural and Product Visualization at MITVIZ
          http://www.mitviz.com/
          http://mitviz.blogspot.com/
          http://www.flickr.com/photos/shawnmitford/

i7 5960@4 GHZm, 64 gigs Ram, Geforce gtx 970, Geforce RTX 2080 ti x2

Comment

Working...
          X