No announcement yet.

3ds Max and autocad links not working?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3ds Max and autocad links not working?

Hi,

So our normal workflow is to model in autocad (solids and splines), link the dwg in max and then materialise and connect forestpack / railclone / Floorgenerator elements to the cad splines.

This enables us to quickly do revisions in cad and then just update the link retaining all the earlier work.

However we went from max 14 to 16 this week and when relinking the dwg all the connections with RC/FG get lost. Even more annoying max doesnt replace the old object ( dwg spline) with the new but just adds another object to the file. The old line isn't actually visible of selectable but is present in the layerslist.

Has anyone came across this and knows how to fix it? Stuck with a tight deadline and re-connecting all the elements is going to be a pain in the ...!

My first response was to curse Autodesk for once again screwing something up, but maybe I've missed a setting in the new max which is doing this. Any help would be appreciated! Oh and last friday when I was working on the model it was fine...go figure!

Thanks!
    Last edited by dean_dmoo; 19-12-2016, 01:58 AM.

"Solved" it by going back using a previous file with Max2014.

Great to see compatibility it top notch...at one point it just completely removed my cad file from max.

Comment

So yeah, not solved.

Started a new project in max, new file in autocad 2016. Loaded it up and connected all the FP's and RC's. Edited something in cad and reloaded the link. Loses all connections with RC/FP and creates a duplicate object of the autocad polyline. Ignore and hit render crashes max.....

That's just great!

Did a completely clean file in max and then it seems to work. Guess saving our max2014 template to 2016 creates this issue. So I have to redo all the elements in it to fix this?! *groans*

Comment

Working...
      X