Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[3ds Max] saving and loading a custom toolbar?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [3ds Max] saving and loading a custom toolbar?

Is there an easy way to do this? I don't want to load ALL toolbars from my old version, only my single custom one.

After spending half an hour making sure all my scripts are there (after copy-pasting of the scripts and usermacros folders in C:\Users\Richard\AppData\Local\Autodesk\3dsMax\201 5 - 64bit\ENU\ to the 2017 equivalent), getting the damn toolbar is proving the hardest part of migrating to Max 2017!

The main issue is that saving a .ciux file from Customise User Interface>Toolbars in 2015 and loading it in 2017 also replaces all the default Max icons with the old ones, which I don't want. I just want my one custom toolbar.
    I *could* just re-create it from scratch but it'd be convenient if there is a way to import it.

Any ideas?

For my custom menus, I've written a maxscript that rebuilds it all in place like I want. The same script copies all of our 3rd party scripts from a network repository down locally, so by just running the script once on a new install, I get all our scripts and my custom menu. What I have yet to do is dig in to see if I can create the toolbar via maxscript the same way....
    | LinkedIn | Twitter | JCanimator.com |

Comment

Working...
    X