Delete Double Faces

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Delete Double Faces

I have a ton of double faces from a Revit model. Anyway to find and delete these? I found a couple scripts, but they did nothing.
    Bobby Parker
    www.bobby-parker.com
    e-mail: info@bobby-parker.com
    phone: 2188206812

My current hardware setup:
    • Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
    • 128gb Vengeance RGB Pro RAM
    • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090
    • ​Windows 11 Pro

Yeah, I'd really like to know this too - a real pain in the a** for furniture models off manufacturer websites.
    Jez

------------------------------------
    3DS Max 2023.3.4 | V-Ray 6.10.08 | Phoenix FD 4.40.00 | PD Player 64 1.0.7.32 | Forest Pack Pro 8.2.2 | RailClone 6.1.3
    Windows 11 Pro 22H2 | NVidia Drivers 535.98 (Game Drivers)

Asus X299 Sage (Bios 4001), i9-7980xe, 128Gb, 1TB m.2 OS, 2 x NVidia RTX 3090 FE
    ---- Updated 06/09/23 -------

Comment

I did find one script that worked, kind of. My problem is thin walled objects where the inside is facing out and the outside is facing it, however, only on part of the object. In my case, Revit railings. It also had double faces.

https://www.scriptspot.com/bobo/mxs2/ddf/
      Bobby Parker
      www.bobby-parker.com

• Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
      • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

DON'T use revit models. Sorry I don't have anything better to add than that. I always redraw the whole f-ing revit model. They are just worthless. You'll honestly be faster redrawing the whole thing than cleaning that piece of **** geometry.
        A.

---------------------
        www.digitaltwins.be

Comment

The only issue with this model seems to be the railing, which I'll probably model over.
          Bobby Parker
          www.bobby-parker.com

• Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
          • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

I had the exact same problem as you very recently Bobby : a large revit model where railings caused huge problems. After fighting for a few hours I just removed them and rebuilt them with Railclone.
            The model itself was actually incredibly clean compared to what I get from archicad and sketchup. I didn't need to remodel anything except the railings.

mekene

Comment

If you export curved objects like railings as DWGs from Revit, then you'll get a much cleaner imported model. Don't know why FBX and Revit linking screw curved surfaces up so much. Railings in general should be an item you should expect to remodel though.

Comment

You can just import revit and choose the detail of the curved objects in Max. But I refuse to work with revit models. Had my fair share of frustration, although it could be that our entire staff here doesn't know how to draw in Revit correctly or in a clean fashion.
                A.

---------------------
                www.digitaltwins.be

Comment

Other than the railings, the model is pretty clean.
                  Bobby Parker
                  www.bobby-parker.com

• Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
                  • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

Depends on who uses it I guess and to what ends. The models here are huge: 900 chamber hospitals with operating theaters and what not. All information is in them too. Too much for archviz needs.
                    A.

---------------------
                    www.digitaltwins.be

Comment

Originally posted by Vizioen View Post
                      DON'T use revit models. Sorry I don't have anything better to add than that. I always redraw the whole f-ing revit model. They are just worthless. You'll honestly be faster redrawing the whole thing than cleaning that piece of **** geometry.
                      That is unfortunately not a realistic option. More or less all my 3D work now comes from Revit and it seems as the adoption rate in the architecture field is just increasing. What is frustrating is that Autodesk or someone else can't make a translator/link worth the name.

Comment

It's not the translator, it's Revit not making valid geometry afaik.
                        A.

---------------------
                        www.digitaltwins.be

Comment

I think it's the FBX translator. A DWG of a cylinder from Revit will give you what you'd expect from a cylinder in Max. That same cylinder from Revit brought in from an FBX (or link which uses FBX) results in a vertex bomb of the shittiest triangles. Just increasing the curved surfaces means you get an even shittier triangulated mess.

This is the same curved wall, the one on the left is DWG and the one on the right is FBX.

The issue with DWG's though is that you have to deal with the fun times of blocks and what not.
                          Attached Files

Comment

railing for me always comes in and doubled, like revit doubles up the model when it comes to railings, all of the railing itself is always doubled, idk why this always happens
                            Architectural and Product Visualization at MITVIZ
                            http://www.mitviz.com/
                            http://mitviz.blogspot.com/
                            http://www.flickr.com/photos/shawnmitford/

i7 5960@4 GHZm, 64 gigs Ram, Geforce gtx 970, Geforce RTX 2080 ti x2

Comment

Working...
                            X