Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is your opinion of the quality of Vray for Maya training out there?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is your opinion of the quality of Vray for Maya training out there?

Greetings everyone, and happy belated new year!

I am very curious to hear what your opinions are concerning the Vray for Maya training that is currently out there (or Vray training in general)?

Here are my thoughts, and I would love to hear yours:

I think the beginner level and even some intermediate level training courses out there are great, and there is a decent amount to learn from. I think place like Digital Tutors, Gnomon, FXphd, Gumroad, etc... do a fantastic job at this.

At the same time, I think these places are not very good at offering training courses for more advanced topics, realism, VFX workflows etc... I find myself often frustrated by the seeming lack of training and find myself struggling to get better. I don't know if I am missing a great resource, or not - and would like your input.

The course that I've learned a lot from is Grant's, but again that is in Max (though a lot of the concepts are transferable).

Questions:
    1. What are your thoughts of the amount and quality level of training out there for Vray for Maya?
    2. Do you find yourselves wishing there was more training available, or do you learn through different ways and don't desire online training (ex: via co-workers)?
    3. What sort of training do you wish there was more of in regards to Vray for Maya? (Lighting, shading, hdri creation, plate matching, optimization etc..)?

Thank you all for your super helpful input, I am really excited to hear back from everyone!

FWIW, I teach a 15 week advanced course in Vray at our university that covers the things you mention. I don't know that there is really anything comparable to that which one could get without actually being enrolled in a degree program at a university.

Comment

That's incredible! I'd love to hear more about your experience teaching a high level rendering class!
      -Do you come up with your own material?
      -Generally what sort of homework are your students given?
      -What has your experience been like, how do you like teaching at a university?
      -What advice do you find yourself telling your students most often?

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
      X