Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Softimage XSI foundation v4 for $495 or £299 !!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think its just all down to luck and how clean you keep your system. max for me is as stable as i could ever want. It very very rarely crashes, and i do do a lot of heavy scenes. So i cant imagine XSI or Maya being any better. The ONLY reason i would consider crossing over to either of those two, and even then most probably Maya, is that most effects houses use it and not Max. If it were up to me, i would stick with Max, i LOVE it. I love its interface, i love the way it works, i love its material editor....
    I just HATE its price, but even then only when compared to the competition. I do actually think that its worth every penny of the $4000 it costs in the UK.

Regards,

Marc
    -------------------------------------------------------

"...and we all know how paintful THAT can be, don't we?"

Comment

I bought XSI Foundation while at siggraph. You just can't beat the price. I have friends who use it exclusively and i sat in on the product demos before i purchased it. I also talked to alot of the XSI people about support and they said their website is a great resource but 3 of them gave me there email addresses in case i needed some help....plus my buddy told me their phone support is awesome. On top of all that.....it came with 25 hours of tutorial dvd's.

I'm really looking forward to learning it!
      -----Dwayne D. Ellis-----

Comment

Working...
      X