ForestPro, network rendering

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ForestPro, network rendering

Any tips from any folks that use ForestPro - Is there a way to only install the .dlo on each node and reference all the geometry/textures from the network? I'm specifically getting stuck when trying to use some of the default library items. Grass and gravel wont render on the nodes unless they see these assets.
    Brendan Coyle | www.brendancoyle.com

yeah, you just need to copy the library structure onto a network location and relink it so it's not looking for a local drive. we removed the local library completley and re-built what we found useful from it in a new one on our assets drive. They have a tutorial about making your own libraries on the website, read through it and you'll know what to do.

Comment

Ah! Looks like I was able to go into Preferences for the Library Browser and change the User's Library to the network - where I had copied all the ForestPro assets. Instanly picked all of them up and I'm seeing them now with thumbnails. Going to test and see if this solves me problems.

Thanks

Comment

does this work for textures as well?

Comment

is there a different .dlo for nodes? Seems the node is refusing to render any ForestPro objects. RailClone is fine though.

edit: yes it seems you can't simply drop in the .dlo for forestpro the way you can for railclone. Had to do an install on each machine and pick render node. might be some registry stuff or something that it adds.
          Last edited by cheerioboy; 01-02-2017, 04:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by coolhand78 View Post
            does this work for textures as well?
            I think for that to work I'd need to go through all the .max files in the library and redirect the assets path
            At the moment it seems that things import correctly, but the textures don't' have filepaths in the asset tracking - I've been then going and relinking them.

Comment

Working...
            X